Hardware description information

Gentlemen and ladies,

I'm very new to this little processor and as a result I have lots of questions. Specifically...

1. I'd like to have the location and function of the 10 test points on the bottom of the board. Yes I know they are shown on the schematic but not identified on the board itself.

2. I'd like to know what the function of the 2 rows of 3 solder lands on the bottom of the board are for. It looks like some versions of this board had pins for berg jumpers to easily select 3 separate functions. Mine has only the solder lands for permanent selection by soldering a jumper to them. I can't find them on the schematic.

TIA,

I don't have your answer but on the original SAMD MKR1000 boards there was a JTAG header.

It maybe the 6 pads are some form of ICSP or JTAG used during programming the bootloader / firmware ?

They are also present on the MKR ZERO boards in a similar location.

Can you indicate which pads you are referring to?

I think it would be these

Just above AREF, DAC0, A0 A1.

Yes I know thats a ZERO but they are also present on the MKR1400 in the same location.

OK found the pic of the MKR1400 underside and on this it is populated

The pads are listed in the schem section below

According to the team you need swd programmer or debugger to connect to them.
MUST have the signals listed on the schem.

They are pretty cheap and I just ordered a couple of different ones to play with.

Simply used some right angle header pins to populate my 1400 but remember it wont fit back on a breadboard if you do put those pins on !

I really appreciate the effort you put into this and the information you found. I see they are not necessarily controlling functions I am concerned with. Having seen the two JPGs you attached I could not deduce they were some sort of low level communications interface. Using your clues I googled the microprocessor and the word bootloader and voila up pops the jlink bootloader for this microprocessor and references to the 6 pins in J2. Many thanks.

Do you have the link you found ?

When my jtag stuff comes in I will be trying to resurrect an MKR1400 that went dead for no reason and I suspect it is a bootloader issue