Arduino Cookbook - Perfect book for beginners?

Hi!
I want to hear som feedback about the Arduino Cookbook. Is it perfect for beginners?
I know only basics in C and how no experience in electronics. I know that LED, resitors, button and battery etc are but no more. I don't even know how to use ohm's law for example.

Can i start with this book?

Variables
Input and output
Comments
Math Functions
If, else if, else Statement
While and For Loops
Switch Statement
Do While Loops
Logical Operators
Functions
Arrays

Part of the issue is the old chicken-egg problem. That is, you don't know much about electronic design nor do you know much about programming, so which field of study should come first? The Cookbook is a great book for experimenting with all the different areas the Arduino can address. Indeed, I reviewed the Cookbook on Amazon and gave it a very high rating. However, I also know C very well, so the code coupled with the hardware made sense. In short, one book isn't going to do it for someone in your position. Personally, I'd suggest you start with a beginning level programming book (e.g., Beginning C Programming for Arduino by Purdum) and read it first. There are some very simple projects in it that should get you over the first hump. The key to learning something is doing it yourself. Many of the Cookbook projects are fairly complex and may not make a lot of sense until after you appreciate how the software ties into the hardware. After you finish reading the beginning programming book, the Margolis book will make much more sense and you'll appreciate what each project is doing via the blend of software and hardware.

Disclaimer: I think the Beginning C Programming for Arduino is a great book, but I may be just a tad biased since I wrote it.

For beginners consider "Arduino Workshop" - it introduces the complete beginner to both the hardware and programming side of Arduino - as they both go hand-in-hand. You can find out more here: Arduino Workshop, 2nd Edition | No Starch Press
Disclaimer: I wrote the book.

@tronixstuff

looks like a decent book as for as I can tell from the preview. What would be important for me to know before I recommend it to others would be the availability and the cost of the materials you use. You might want to add a section on that to your previews.

just my 2c

fkeel:
@tronixstuff

looks like a decent book as for as I can tell from the preview. What would be important for me to know before I recommend it to others would be the availability and the cost of the materials you use. You might want to add a section on that to your previews.

just my 2c

You don't have to spend a lot - just make what you find interesting etc. Here's a link to the list of parts used - http://db.tt/S5yytQ0g They're all common and easily purchased.