Where to find examples of OTA updates for Arduino Uno Wifi Rev 2?

Hi all,
just bought a Arduino Uno Wifi Rev 2 and my main reason for buying that one was the possibility of having OTA updates of sketches according to the specifications on the web site. This because the board will be sitting in a remote location. Now I just don't find any examples of how to actually do OTA updates with this board.

Does anyone have any good examples of how to do this? Any help would be very appreciated!

not implemented (yet?)

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=577645.0

Hi,

I have tried to find some more info regarding OTA of my new uno wifi rev2 and I found this.

I have not yet tried the patch but I hope they will release OTA later as they wrote in the comment. :slight_smile:

BR
Roberth

sm6yvr:
Hi,

I have tried to find some more info regarding OTA of my new uno wifi rev2 and I found this.

WiFiNINA_OTA ? · Issue #30 · arduino-libraries/WiFiNINA · GitHub

I have not yet tried the patch but I hope they will release OTA later as they wrote in the comment. :slight_smile:

BR
Roberth

the solution for MKR is simple. but Uno needs other way

Juraj:

Ok thank you for the info. I'm not really aware of how the OTA works in details for the different boards.

BR
Roberth

Juraj:

Thanks for your answer - that basically means that the specifications on the Wifi Rev 2 board is faulty and it is not possible to do OTA to it? And this was the only reason that I bought this one. Bummer.

arduino_cyberspace:
Thanks for your answer - that basically means that the specifications on the Wifi Rev 2 board is faulty and it is not possible to do OTA to it? And this was the only reason that I bought this one. Bummer.

you must only wait until they implement it

Ok, thank you, let´s hope it will not take too long time then.

Best regards

Is there an update so far?

Auch I just bought the Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 because of OTA.
All shops name OTA in the product properties :frowning:

ARDUINO UNO WIFI Code: A000133
it seems to work great but was discontinued! :frowning: ->

"ARDUINO UNO WIFI Code: A000133
it seems to work great but was discontinued! :frowning: ->"

Hi,
if I am not mistaken I think you are referring to the earlier version of Arduino Wifi. The one I was asking/talking about is the Rev 2 version.

The video you link to is from may 2017, I am not even sure the Rev 2 was released or at least available at that time (I had problems getting it in the end of 2018...). But I am not an expert in this field so this is just my thought on the subject.

Here's the product page for the discontinued Uno WiFi:
https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-uno-wifi

That was an arduino.org product that used the same ATmega328P as the regular Uno and an ESP8266 for the WiFi. The Uno WiFi Rev2 uses the ATmega4809 and the ESP32. Both are significant upgrades spec-wise.

I don't think you're missing too much by not being able to get the original Uno WiFi. Since it was an arduino.org product it didn't seem to ever get very good support and arduino.cc discontinued it once they took back over the arduino.org products.

I see the Uno WiFi product page does mention OTA, but the official Uno WiFi Rev2 product page does not. I wonder if those shops reused their product description from the Uno WiFi?

I would definitely contact the shop you bought the board from and ask them to correct their description. I'm sure OTA is coming, but they shouldn't advertise it until it's in place and working well.

pert:
Here's the product page for the discontinued Uno WiFi:
https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-uno-wifi

That was an arduino.org product that used the same ATmega328P as the regular Uno and an ESP8266 for the WiFi. The Uno WiFi Rev2 uses the ATmega4809 and the ESP32. Both are significant upgrades spec-wise.

I don't think you're missing too much by not being able to get the original Uno WiFi. Since it was an arduino.org product it didn't seem to ever get very good support and arduino.cc discontinued it once they took back over the arduino.org products.

I see the Uno WiFi product page does mention OTA, but the official Uno WiFi Rev2 product page does not. I wonder if those shops reused their product description from the Uno WiFi?

I would definitely contact the shop you bought the board from and ask them to correct their description. I'm sure OTA is coming, but they shouldn't advertise it until it's in place and working well.

I support the software for Uno WiFi Dev Ed: UnoWiFiDevEdSerial1 library and WiFiLink firmware and library.

The new Uno WiFi was advertised with OTA. The OTA documentation was removed from arduino site when they started to sell it. They have a problem to implement it.

Hey Guys
(maybe not translated well.)

That's exactly what I wanted to say.
Too bad that ARDUINO sets UNO WIFI
without which the successor is "mature".

Thanks to Juraj, we now know that it really is.
Thanks for the info that I can tell the dealer.