Did I kill it ? Or wipe it?

So... in doing debugging I was powering the Arduino with a bench power supply and made a little mistake. The supply reads up to 14v but apparently can go much higher than that as I turned it too far and then the Arduino stopped working correctly. It still powers on and connects over usb but now i can't upload a program to it and it won't reset.... is it dead or did I wipe it's memory ?

Please explain exactly what you mean by "connects over USB".

Powers on, is detected by the OS and the Arduino program.

So you mean the port shows up in the Tools > Port menu?

Which Arduino board do you have?

How did you have the power supply connected?

Please do this:

• File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (uncheck) > upload (check) > OK
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the upload fails you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here using code tags (</> button on the toolbar).

Power supply connected to vin pin and ground. Yes I meant that. I'll copy the error in a bit... long day needs short nap

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\Bloom\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\sketch_dec06a\sketch_dec06a.ino: In function 'void loop()':

C:\Users\Bloom\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\sketch_dec06a\sketch_dec06a.ino:19:43: warning: integer overflow in expression [-Woverflow]

#define OVERSPEED_SHUTDOWN_PERIOD 30 * 60 * 1000 // How long to shut down after overspeed (in milliseconds).

^

C:\Users\Bloom\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\sketch_dec06a\sketch_dec06a.ino:131:63: note: in expansion of macro 'OVERSPEED_SHUTDOWN_PERIOD'

if (overspeedShutdown && millis() - overspeedShutdownTime > OVERSPEED_SHUTDOWN_PERIOD) { // Shutdown has been long enough.

^

Sketch uses 4560 bytes (14%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 752 bytes (36%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1296 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x75
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I think I killed it

The fact that the port still shows up indicates that the USB-serial chip on the Uno is at least somewhat working but that's a different chip from the main ATmega328P microcontroller. So you could get something like this if the ATmega328P had a problem but the USB-serial chip was fine.

Yeah, it sounds like you killed it. Is that a clone? Usually in an overvoltage condition like what presumably occurred, the serial chip on official boards goes too. The clones use more durable serial chips (but said serial chips can't be reprogrammed like the one on the official Uno/Mega boards - not that more than a 1-2% of arduino users ever do that).

If it's got a socketed Atmega328p, you might be able to revive it by replacing that with a working '328p (you'd need a pre-bootloaded one, or another arduino or ISP programmer to bootload a blank '328p with).