Help With MPU6050-Based Project

Hello everyone,
Sorry If I act like a noob, this is my first project. My apologies in advance. As far as my project is concerned, I am simply trying to get data displayed in my serial monitor from my MPU-6050 accelerometer. I have found some code that seems to be widely used online and I have decided to utilize it. I wired it up properly, and even tested for continuity with great results. Here is the video I got these resources from: Arduino UNO Tutorial : MPU6050 DMP Values - YouTube

I did install the additional libraries as per the instructions.

Serial Monitor:

Wiring:

The code was way too long to even be postable here, so here is a pastebin instead:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for helping me out!

The pictures didn't come through.

"Simply display on serial monitor" should not be too long to post here. What else is in that sketch?

It would be easier to say which example you used from the library. Does that example work with no modification? What do you want to do differently to the example?

Hmm :confused: I'm working on the images...

I used MPU6050_DMP6 from the examples. It was demonstrated to work in the video, so I don't see why there would be too much difficulty getting it to run for my use under the same conditions. My wiring is good, and the serial monitor just says:

"Initializing I2C devices...
Testing device connections...
MPU6050 connection failed

Send any character to begin DMP programming and demo:
Initializing DMP...
DMP Initialization failed (code 1)"

That indicates that it's wired incorrectly.

Which breakout board do you have? Does it have 3.3V converters on the board?

Does this scanner detect the mpu6050 in your circuit

Z

i2c_scanner.ino (2.03 KB)