Invalid Library (MKR1000 and MKRMotorCarrier in MATLAB)

Hi,

• Arduino 1.8.8
  • MATLAB R2018b

I get the "Invalid library" error when trying to run the "arduinosetup" with USB:

I have followed the instructions by copying the MKRMotorCarrier folder into the "libraries" folder.

The folder is listed:

listArduinoLibraries

ans =

7×1 cell array

{'Adafruit/MotorShieldV2' }
{'Arduino/MKRMotorCarrier'}
{'I2C' }
{'RotaryEncoder' }
{'SPI' }
{'Servo' }
{'ShiftRegister' }

I get the following error message in MATLAB:

feb 02, 2019 2:40:49 PM com.mathworks.hwservices.logging
INFO: Loading configuration...
Initializing packages...
Preparing boards...
Verifying...
C:\ProgramData\MATLAB\SupportPackages\R2018b_1\3P.instrset\arduinoide.instrset\arduino-1.8.1\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\ProgramData\MATLAB\SupportPackages\R2018b_1\3P.instrset\arduinoide.instrset\arduino-1.8.1\hardware -hardware C:\ProgramData\MATLAB\SupportPackages\R2018b_1\3P.instrset\arduinoide.instrset\idepkgs\packages -tools C:\ProgramData\MATLAB\SupportPackages\R2018b_1\3P.instrset\arduinoide.instrset\arduino-1.8.1\tools-builder -tools
Invalid library found in D:\Dokumenter\Arduino\libraries\MKRMotorCarrier: D:\Dokumenter\Arduino\libraries\MKRMotorCarrier
C:\Users\Helge\AppData\Local\Temp\ArduinoServer\MW\sketch\ArduinoServer.ino.cpp:1:
c:\programdata\matlab\supportpackages\r2018b_1\3p.instrset\arduinoide.instrset\idepkgs\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\4.8.3\arm-none-eabi\armv6-m\bits\c++config.h:429:30: fatal error: bits/cpu_defines.h: No such file or directory
#include <bits/cpu_defines.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1

I don't know what to do, and would really appreciate a little help :slight_smile:

(deleted)

hlodemel:
I have followed the instructions by copying the MKRMotorCarrier folder into the "libraries" folder.

Looks like you didn't follow the instructions correctly. Please post a link to where you found these instructions.

hlodemel:
I get the following error message in MATLAB:

The "Invalid library" thing is only a helpful warning telling you that the Arduino IDE found something that was not a library in a libraries folder. That is NOT an error. This is the error:

hlodemel:

C:\Users\Helge\AppData\Local\Temp\ArduinoServer\MW\sketch\ArduinoServer.ino.cpp:1:

c:\programdata\matlab\supportpackages\r2018b_1\3p.instrset\arduinoide.instrset\idepkgs\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\4.8.3\arm-none-eabi\armv6-m\bits\c++config.h:429:30: fatal error: bits/cpu_defines.h: No such file or directory
#include <bits/cpu_defines.h>
                            ^

That error is unrelated to the invalid library warning.