[Solved] Clone arduino Mega 2560 - no serial port DCcduino Mega 2560

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your guidance over the weekend which enabled me to get the board up and running.

I have had a look at the source on github and it would be fairly easy to make the change for OSX to encapsulate the device name in double quotes (Rabbit ears) for either all cases or when there is an imbedded space in the device name.

I have raised an issue for this however am contemplating pulling master and making the change on my own system and see if it works - if it does I can investigate feeding the changed module back to github - never done anything with github so a lot of 'learning' required. Also, I am hoping that the OSX project will build in x-code - like I say I havn't done this before!

For the moment however I have a number of workarounds being;

1. Back out the Russian drivers I loaded yesterday - that will be fun!
  2. Load the drivers you pointed me to - What device did it create on your system BTW?

Another alternative is to make a script up that will rename the device once I have connected and before I load the IDE - don't know if this will work?

Yet another alternative is to make a small shell script up that is specific to the MEGA and points to the existing device and does the AVRDude download.

Finally, on the basis that the card mis-represented itself on ebay is to start a fight and return the card and get a refund of the card and the priority paid postage....... And then get a real mega!

Anyway, once again many thanks for your advice over the weekend.

Stan