Windows 7 and arduino.exe startup!

Hi,

I am having frustrating issues with just setting up the arduino software on Windows 7! I download the zip folder, extract all in the folder, "run" the "android.exe" program and get the initial start-up description sign (see attachment), but then nothing else happens! Does anyone know how to fix this?

startup description sign.png

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html enjoy!

I actually did use your program earlier, but then it wouldn't run a simple code to turn the led light on and off...

Run where? upload to the arduino? or compile? I updated it this yesterday and I don't think it has a problem (at least no for >70 downloads)

I'll re-download it and I'll post the error it gives me so you can see. Maybe it is something I am doing without realising...

For anyone that had the same problem (which seems like quite a few since there are a number of posts with similar issues) I found a REALLY simple solution!!!!!!

1. Once you download the zip file from the arduino website containing all the environment files, extract all (unzip) the folder
  2. Open your Program Files folder (C:\Program Files) and create a new folder called "Arduino"
  3. Copy and paste the unzipped environment folder into the new "Arduino" folder in the program files
  4. Make a desktop shortcut for the andrino.exe icon
  5. Open it on the desktop and wait a little bit. It should work!

I am not sure if there is another way to do it. Were you running just the exe file from the zip?

Nope. I had extracted it in my documents and ran it from the normal file but it wasn't working. Only when I copied and pasted the entire folder into the Programs File folder did it work! Also it had no problems connecting to my chip, where as there was some sort of error when I ran the program from the link you posted earlier...

Either way, it works now so I am relieved! It just looked like from other posts with similar issues (I was fishing through the message boards yesterday looking for the solution) that people were recommending over-complicated solutions that amounted to nothing. So I posted what worked for me.