Communication between sensor board and Microcontroller. What hardware to use?

Hello everybody,
I'm in need to connect a sensor board with an SPI interface to a Teensy microcontroller. Unfortunately, the microcontroller is 3 meters away from the sensor board. SPI link seems not appropriate to handle such a distance.
What can I possibly use? New hardware?

Thanks in advance

Why can you not put the sensor board and an Arduino in the same location?

There is no useful information on the sensor page you linked, except that it appears to be a temperature sensor. For that, there are many other options that don't use SPI or I2C.

There is no useful information on the sensor page you linked, except that it appears to be a temperature sensor.

Although it appears in the section for temperature sensors I doubt that a temperature sensor has to be a class 1 laser product. Do you know of a temperature sensing technology that uses laser?

But I agree with jremington, put the Arduino to the sensor and use the long cable after that.

Do you know of a temperature sensing technology that uses laser?

Yes. Spot temperature measurement sensors use a laser pointer to identify the location where the temperature is being measured.

kangyunmei:
I'm in need to connect a sensor board with an SPI interface to a Teensy microcontroller. Unfortunately, the microcontroller is 3 meters away from the sensor board. SPI link seems not appropriate to handle such a distance.

The linked product is a retroreflective sensor model MLV12-54-LAS/92/120 with an open collector output, not a temp sensor with SPI. :confused:

Datasheet here:

Should be no problem to connect to Teensy 3 meters away.