Project 3D Printer RepRap

My Project is to built or buy a RepRap. So Tell me about your experience with your repraps. Which Problems
frequent come up and so on.
Pip

Shouldn't you be asking this question on a reprap forum rather than an Arduino forum?

I've never built a reprap before but my friend told me that it takes A LOT of time, and his advice was if you're building a rep rap its because you want to learn how it works more so then just 3D printing haha. Basically I was told they stuff up a lot, getting heating to work appropriately and to a perfect amount is probably the biggest part for the plastic and not getting stuck in the extruder? I have heard a lot of people trying to make a rep rap with an arduino before though so you might be able to just find the programming already built. Unfortunately this is all stuff I've heard though so not sure how hard it will be to do. Honestly I really want one but I'd probably just buy a complete kit, mostly as I want to learn, but I'm also lazy :stuck_out_tongue: haha.

It is nearly impossible to read emotion into text, a study was done that showed that people -thought- they were 90% accurate at reading intent into emails, when in fact they are 50%.

So I'll state as clearly as I can: this is said without sarcasm, and with lack of malice.

You have just told everyone in the forum that you are lazy. You want someone to give you the code already written for an Arduino to run a RepRap. But you've not even done enough research to know that RepRaps are almost without exception run by Arduinos, and that the complete code is freely available. And you have not even tried typing "RepRap" into a search engine, or you'd know this already.

You received a critical piece of advice, and completely ignored it, told us you want all the work done for you, and that you'll probably just buy a kit, anyway.

No one here is paid for their time. We help other people because we're paying it forward, expect others to do likewise, and because we expect help in return.

Again, complete lack of sarcasm, no malice.

If you really are serious about this, go here and do a lot of reading:
http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap

Only after you have read through that, then go here and ask your questions about RepRaps:
http://forums.reprap.org/

polymorph:
It is nearly impossible to read emotion into text, a study was done that showed that people -thought- they were 90% accurate at reading intent into emails, when in fact they are 50%.

So I'll state as clearly as I can: this is said without sarcasm, and with lack of malice.

You have just told everyone in the forum that you are lazy. You want someone to give you the code already written for an Arduino to run a RepRap. But you've not even done enough research to know that RepRaps are almost without exception run by Arduinos, and that the complete code is freely available. And you have not even tried typing "RepRap" into a search engine, or you'd know this already.

You received a critical piece of advice, and completely ignored it, told us you want all the work done for you, and that you'll probably just buy a kit, anyway.

No one here is paid for their time. We help other people because we're paying it forward, expect others to do likewise, and because we expect help in return.

Again, complete lack of sarcasm, no malice.

If you really are serious about this, go here and do a lot of reading:
RepRap - RepRap

Only after you have read through that, then go here and ask your questions about RepRaps:
http://forums.reprap.org/

Hi, I don't mean this with sarcasm or malice either but I AM NOT THE POSTER, I do not currently (maybe one day but not now) want the arduino code or reprap at the moment or anything else about it. I was just saying about what a friend told me about a reprap and thought it might help the poster (the person who does want the reprap). I did not ask for any advice so I didn't really ignore any of it.

On a side note the study about emotion in text was pretty interesting though, something I definitely should remember especially when posting online and in a lot of my text messages as well.
cheers

Doh! Well, that puts it in a whole 'nother light...

polymorph:
Doh! Well, that puts it in a whole 'nother light...

haha thats funny, but true, I tried reading my post as if I also mistook it as the poster and it sounds completely different then I intended it too that way. But you did post links, so at least still helpful!! :smiley:

tauqeer:
I think to get a proper solution of your hurdle in your working project so, you can't to atain a patent company in china with name of Rp Prototype really to debugging your problems that you see in your project.

All the words are English but I have no idea what it is intended to mean.

"Buy my stuff", I think.

pipopoplin:
My Project is to built or buy a RepRap. So Tell me about your experience with your repraps. Which Problems
frequent come up and so on.

The extruder is the biggest problem. Getting it to work correctly is hard. After that the software that generates the instructions from the 3D model only really works on a PC. I have found it impossible to get good Mac based software.

Over on the RepRap forum they told me that without learning Python for two years I did not deserve to run a 3D printer.

Grumpy_Mike:
the software that generates the instructions from the 3D model only really works on a PC

@Grumpy_Mike, two questions out of this ...
Does "the software that generates..." mean such things as slic3r that convert 3D models into GCode or have you a wider meaning?

Does "PC" mean anything that is not a Mac, or does it just mean Windows devices?

I am asking in case I am deceiving myself about what's available - I'm using Ubuntu Linux, and the Mac OS is not a whole lot different from that (apart from the on-screen appearance).

...R

Basically I was not looking at the widows stuff but any Linux type stuff simply did not run on the Mac. That was mainly Python scripts. they either would not run or needed dependances that would not load or install.

Grumpy_Mike:
Basically I was not looking at the widows stuff

Best typo I've seen in a long time :slight_smile:

...R

Yes :slight_smile:
Not so much a typo but more of the iPad being "helpful" and correcting what you write.