Starter kit wooden base

When i opened the kit and wanted to put together the base where you screw the arduino on, i saw that the base was plastic and not wood like in the book. I searched up some video's and saw everyone had a wooden one. The arduino doesn't fit and i don't have the screws.
Edit: Found the screws. Still don't know how to mount the arduino on the base
Edit 2: Fixed it. Used some foam tape to make it fit.

So do they now come with a plastic base?

I too received a kit with a plastic base. I am working through project 04 - Color Mixing Lamp right now, and the plastic pieces that are supposed to hold the colored gels over the photo transistors seem to be incompatible as the plastic pieces have three slots, where the illustration in the book has two slots with a hole in the middle for the photo transistor. So I will either have to fabricate my own or modify the plastic ones.

Same here. I got the yellow plastic base. Wood would have been much nicer but I suppose the cost is higher.

Same. I have no problem with plastic vs. wooden, except that the Uno does not fit the plastic frame. Somewhat disappointing.

edit: still have not located the screws though.
edit2: Welp, I did find them. Did not guess to look in the electrical components bag close enough.

Hi, the wooden base was replaced with a plastic base in the starter kit. The screws (3 screws) are included in the electronics components box coming in the kit. If you observe the plastic base closely you can see how the Arduino UNO is supposed to be placed on the base.

I hope this information helps.

I have the opposite problem. The manual says that a plastic base is included, but i have a wooden one.
Will this give me any problems later on in the projects?