DIY Automatic Grow Box

Hello Arduino people !

I have made a project with arduino.
Its a grow box with automatic lighting, watering and monitoring system.

I made an instructabel where I tell you how I made it.

What do you think about this project ?
Anything i could have done better ?

I bet many off you will complain about the coding. This is my first big project with Arduino so maybe you got some tips ?

Link :

Very nice! You've earned karma from me. :slight_smile:
+1

before you go much further with this project, i would add a gas detector and alarm system so that if someone takes your design and attempts to use it to grow the marijuanas the alarm will sound and both light and water will be shut off. marijuana kills thousands of people every day in america and you don't want to be part of that problem!

Budvar10:
Very nice! You've earned karma from me. :slight_smile:
+1

Thanks Budvar10. Took me long time and a lot of thinking to get this trough.

bigfun:
before you go much further with this project, i would add a gas detector and alarm system so that if someone takes your design and attempts to use it to grow the marijuanas the alarm will sound and both light and water will be shut off. marijuana kills thousands of people every day in america and you don't want to be part of that problem!

That's true! But here in Norway, on the countryside there's not a big problem with burglary. But if i had lived in USA a would have added some self-destruction that got trigged by gas alarm. Problem solved.
Thanks for your comment.

marijuana kills thousands of people every day in America

Really? I'd like to see some data to back that up.

CrossRoads:
Really? I'd like to see some data to back that up.

Maybe there's a bunch of giant bales being dropped from the sky and landing on people...?

Then again, that post sounded like Poe, too...

bigfun:
so that if someone takes your design and attempts to use it to grow the marijuanas the alarm will sound and...

You're thinking of a project that requires you to walk and feed one of its components on a regular basis ?
:stuck_out_tongue:

bigfun:

I thinks it's a bit much to load the problems of drug induced deaths on this project. Yes it can be used for bad things but that is the same case for a lot of products (glue, gas, guns & cars to name a few). The ultimate responsibility for a death must fall on the people who use & abuse such things.

The plants have now grown very big , and I think the lights helps alot. Check out the picture in the comments on Instructables .

Had been nice if you had time and vote for me in contest Indoor Gardening , think I have a chance to win there.

Thanks !
Still Merry Christmas !