NEO 6m V2 red light blinking issue - ADEEB

Hi Guys,
I have got the neo 6m v2 gps module connected with my Arduino Uno and it is always blinking Red.
I also tried to configure settings but it didn't work. I had listned that the bulb should glow purple or green.
There were no messages in the U-center also and no NMEA string messages were displayed.
Please help me on this
regards,
ADEEB

Did anyone find a solution what the red light means?

the blinking LED is 1 PPS - Pulse Per Second - an indication that the GPS is locked. I have one green and two yellow leds in my pile og GPSs. color is irrelevant

Adeeb_Ali:
I have got the neo 6m v2 gps module connected with my Arduino Uno and it is always blinking Red.

Solid red means it's on, but doesn't have a satellite fix. When you first use your NEO-6M, it could take hours, maybe even a day (yes, a day) continuously powered to get it's first fix. Once it has it's first fix, subsequent fixes are usually 30sec-1min

Power_Broker:
When you first use your NEO-6M, it could take hours, maybe even a day (yes, a day) continuously powered to get it's first fix.

I have tested a lot of GPSs in my time.

With a decent aerial, all get a fix from cold in approximatly 60 seconds.

srnet:
I have tested a lot of GPSs in my time.

With a decent aerial, all get a fix from cold in approximatly 60 seconds.

You must've only tested nice modules manufactured in the US with high quality. The cheap chinesium GPS modules can take as long as I mentioned in my previous post. I think it took somewhere around 8-12hr for my chinesium NEO-6M to get its first fix (with decently clear view of the sky).

Power_Broker:
You must've only tested nice modules manufactured in the US with high quality. The cheap chinesium GPS modules can take as long as I mentioned in my previous post. I think it took somewhere around 8-12hr for my chinesium NEO-6M to get its first fix (with decently clear view of the sky).

Every time I have seen very extended fix times, I give up waiting after 30 minutes or so, the reason is clear from the GPGSV sentences, satellites are reported with very weak signal levels, close to the 26dBN threshold.

This can be due to faulty antennas, or their cables, or the GPS themselves. A lot of GPSs are very sensitive to static damage on the antenna input for instance.

So I would concede that faulty GPSs may show extended fix times, I throw them away.