iPAD!!!!!  OMG!!!

Yeh, I don't think too highly about it. But when I posted this, I didn't know much. Kinda cool still...

But when I posted this, I didn't know much.

But, you posted anyway?

Does anyone know the price?

price:-
http://www.apple.com/ipad/pricing/

Reported to be between 400 and 800 USD.

!impressed.

I wonder where they got the idea?

The cool thing is that you have to find an intelligent use for it :slight_smile: Who wish to play the game ? :slight_smile:

Reminds me of this funny video:

No USB port?

No multitasking? (Surely even apple people like to play mp3s while writing documents)

No unnaproved software?

$70 for a keyboard?

If microsoft had put this out they would be getting slammed.

The cool thing is that you have to find an intelligent use for it Smiley Who wish to play the game ? Smiley

The PC has similar origins

Yeah, I think it's disappointing that they used the iphone os not the mac os. (or at least closer to the iphone os)

It would be AWESOME if it had usb ports, and it ran Snow leopard, and then you could use an arduino with it!

I was expecting the Iphone like OS, but lack of usb ports? I think my alarm clock even has a usb port on it ::slight_smile:

[edit]yea it does, but its only power >:([/edit]

My CAR has a USB port.

pshhhh, even my arduino has a usb port.

lol

Well, why I need a bigger Iphone?

At least people who know things about electronics (AKA Arduino people) know how useless this is bound to be. All my friends are Apple fanboys who are sure to buy it because it's Shiny and from Apple.

Well, why I need a bigger Iphone?

Does it even have Phone capabilities?

And I thought I'd add on to the trend: My DIGITAL CABLE BOX has a USB port!

The price you have to pay for an apple iWhatever is freedom.

• I won't be told by any company what kind of software I can or cannot run on a device I have purchased.
  • No IO ports. Am I supposed to only download music from the iStore?
  • Always online. I just hate wireless. It's way too easy for the iBrain to tap into my device without me noticing it.
  • Such things have happened before. Didn't amazon remote-delete content from ebook readers?
  • Replaceable battery?
  • Memory slot?

• I won't be told by any company what kind of software I can or cannot run on a device I have purchased.
  • Such things have happened before. Didn't amazon remote-delete content from ebook readers?
  • Replaceable battery?
  • Memory slot?

Fair comment.

• No IO ports. Am I supposed to only download music from the iStore?

It has a dock port, just like the iPod. Remember this isn't intended as your primary machine.

• Always online. I just hate wireless. It's way too easy for the iBrain to tap into my device without me noticing it.

Either get the wifi only model, and don't enable auto-connect on your networks, or get the 3G model and use Airplane mode.

I presume that 'airplane mode' is switched on/off by software ?

I can only accept a hardware kill switch that removes all power from the wireless circuitry.