Wirelessly Controlled Arduino Water Pump Project

Hello Everyone,

I'm a beginner in the Arduino's world (and Electronics in general), I bought an Arduino Uno Kit and was trying to make a small project but I'm actually clueless on how to do it and was hoping to find answers in this amazing forum.

Basically, I have read a lot of project ideas in the forums but I just couldn't find what I exactly wanted (or maybe I'm bad at searching) so I thought about making a new thread and hopefully get an answer.

The project idea is actually fairly simple, it's just that my inexperience gets in the way of making it work successfully.

As the title says, I just want to make a small circuit + code to be able to control a pump from a simple stat of (ON/OFF) using an Arduino and controlled wirelessly, the pump will be in a tank and a hose will be connected to it and directed outside of the tank.

The components I have right now:

• A windshield pump I bought from a car parts store with the following specs:
    Voltage: 12V24V
    displacement: 300ml/ 10s
    load current: 3A
    Link: Here
  • 2 x Rechargeable Sealed Lead-Acid Batteries with this link to the data sheet
  • Arduino Uno Rev3 Kit
  • IRF530 Transistor
  • 3.3kΩ Resistor

I would prefer if I didn't have to buy a new pump since the models in my country are very limited (I'm okay with buying other components).

Now you may wonder why do I have all those components, it's because I was following a guide on this link but I faced two problems with it:

• The code provided there is a time variant code which makes the pump automatically works over time and increase/decrease the intensity of the pump over time and not a simple (ON/OFF) state when desired. And the beginner I am of course I couldn't modify the code to what I want.
  • Also another problem was that when the pump actually worked with the above mentioned guide, it was working very quietly and slowly not like if I plugged it directly to the batteries, so I'm not sure what I can change in the circuit to provide the pump with more current (if that is the problem).

Also if you're kind enough to separate your solution into 2 section, one for the circuit of the pump and the second one for the transmitting/receiving circuit so that I will be able to comprehend them with my newbiness.

I might be missing a lot of other major key points here but like I said, I'm a beginner and I'm here to learn. So go harsh on me (but not too harsh please :().

Thank you for reading my wall of text and hope you are able to help me!

Aboode

How much water do you want to pump, and for how long.
Windscreen water pumps are intended only for intermittant operation.
When you say the pump will be in the tank, do you mean in the water in which case you need a submersible pump which a windscreen pump is not.

mauried:
How much water do you want to pump, and for how long.
Windscreen water pumps are intended only for intermittant operation.
When you say the pump will be in the tank, do you mean in the water in which case you need a submersible pump which a windscreen pump is not.

Hey mauried,

Thank you for your reply.

Basically the water pump will be used to pump water through a robot arm to act like a firefighter robot, so the use will be intermittent when ever I press the button and not continuous, and if the pump cannot be submerged in water I can just drill a hole outside the tank and place the pump there.

Hope that clarifies your questions