Send MIDI CC to Tanzmaüs MFB(synth)

Hi,

I'm a french guy looking for help with a little arduino project. I want to send MIDI message from an arduino(mega) to my synthetizer drum machine (MFB Tanzmaüs).

It's working perfectly with the sendNoteOn() function and the MIDI learn option of the Tanzmaüs.
But now I would send ControlChanges messages (the Tanzmaüs has a full MIDI implementation).

I looked at the Tanzmaüs documentation and I have this kind of information :

MIDI Implementation
MIDI Controller assignment
MIDI_CC_BD_ATT 2
MIDI_CC_BD_DECAY 64
MIDI_CC_BD_PITCH 65
MIDI_CC_BD_TUNE 3
MIDI_CC_BD_NOISE 4
etc...

For example I tried to send CC like this to change the pitch of the BD(Kick of the drum machine):

AnalogValue = analogRead(A0);

cc = AnalogValue/8;

if (lastAnalogValue != cc) {
    MIDI.sendControlChange(65,cc,1);
    lastAnalogValue = cc;
}

but it doesnt works.

I think it comes from MIDI learn function of the Synth because for example when I start MIDI learn and I send a MIDI message like this : MIDI.sendNoteOn(25, 127, 1) the first instrument of the Synth(KICK) will be played only when I will send this exact MIDI message (and the next MIDI message sended will be attributed to the next instrument and so on...)

Maybe I have to learn it just a channel for an instrument and not a complete MIDI message but I don't know how to do.
Maybe I have to learn it ControlChange MIDI messages but same I don't know how to do.
And the Tanzmaüs is not a popular drum machine so it's hard to find informations...

Thank's a lot for any information.

For example I tried to send CC like this to change the pitch of the BD(Kick of the drum machine):

That should work, the documents are here:-
Documents
Try some other CC messages.

Also try sending them on channel 9, that is the normal percussion MIDI channel so maybe the CC's need to be on this channel.

Good point except it's channel 10 that's the standard MIDI percussion channel, based on the GM1 (General MIDI) specification Specs

Steve

Good point except it's channel 10

It depends on how the channels are counted. MIDI has this annoying thing about trying to protect musicians from channel zero. But it does no harm to try both.