Arduino uno programming over OTA with ESP8266

Finally the Web Panel works :slight_smile: i´m stupid the only problem was the configuration i pick 4M(1M SPIFFS) but my ESP have 1MB that´s why i must pick 1M(512K SPIFFS)
thank you very mutch for help

now work WiFi Link but what must i do for OTA Upload to my Arduino uno ?

you means i only need the dfu libary from you?

i integrate this to my libary folder, Change the GPIO5 in "esp8266-serial-arduinouno-hacked.cpp" to GPIO0, delet the // from #define MCU_OTA ?

and i need the ArduinoOTA library too ?

the esp8266 ArduinoOTA library in firmware is for OTA upload of new version of the firmware.

the dfu library flashes the Atmega328p from outside over Serial so no library for Uno is required.but the reset must be wired

only the firmware ? not a sketch ? how can i uploade the sktech ota ?

Itsch:
only the firmware ? not a sketch ? how can i uploade the sktech ota ?

the dfu library flashes the Atmega328p from outside over Serial so no library for Uno is required. but the reset must be wired

For OTA with esp8266 module/board/shield, the reset pin of the ATmega must be connected to an ESP GPIO pin. Default in dfu library is GPIO5. You can change it to GPIO0, as it is on pinout header on most ESP modules. Star Otto and Uno WiFi have special setting hardcoded.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoUnoWiFi#toc7
yes, select Uno WiFi if you used the dfu library from the zip linked in README

thanks, the OTA upload doesen work

"Resetting the board
Failed to reset the board, upload failed"

I change the GPIO5 in esp8266-serial-arduinouno-hacked to GPIO0 an connect the reset from to UNO to the GPIO0 from the ESP8266

Itsch:
thanks, the OTA upload doesen work

"Resetting the board

I change the GPIO5 in esp8266-serial-arduinouno-hacked to GPIO0 an connect the reset from to UNO to the GPIO0 from the ESP8266

did you select Uno WiFi as board?
and did you setup the firmware for OTA to ATmega? (#define MCU_OTA in config.h)

Juraj:
did you select Uno WiFi as board?
and did you setup the firmware for OTA to ATmega? (#define MCU_OTA in config.h)

yes :slight_smile:

Itsch:
yes :slight_smile:

copy here the console messages. can you see if the Uno resets?

"Resetting the board

How can i see if the uno resets ?

Itsch:
"Resetting the board

How can i see if the uno resets ?

turn on verbose mode in Preferences, I want to see the executed command

the LEDs blink at reset. or upload a fast blinking sketch into Uno, to see if it stops blinking

no the uno will not be reset

Itsch:

use the "Copy messages" button

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno WiFi"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\kaisc\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:unowifi -ide-version=10808 -build-path C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_544242 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude-6.3.0-arduino14.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc-5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.2.1.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1374847711.tmp\sketch_feb21a\sketch_feb21a.ino
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\kaisc\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:unowifi -ide-version=10808 -build-path C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_544242 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude-6.3.0-arduino14.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc-5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.2.1.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1374847711.tmp\sketch_feb21a\sketch_feb21a.ino
Using board 'unowifi' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr
Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr
Detecting libraries used...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10808 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO_WIFI_DEV_ED -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DESP_CH_UART -DESP_CH_UART_BR=19200 "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117\sketch\sketch_feb21a.ino.cpp" -o nul
Generating function prototypes...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10808 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO_WIFI_DEV_ED -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DESP_CH_UART -DESP_CH_UART_BR=19200 "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117\sketch\sketch_feb21a.ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder\ctags\5.8-arduino11/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns --line-directives "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
Sketch wird kompiliert...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -MMD -flto -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10808 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO_WIFI_DEV_ED -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DESP_CH_UART -DESP_CH_UART_BR=19200 "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117\sketch\sketch_feb21a.ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117\sketch\sketch_feb21a.ino.cpp.o"
Compiling libraries...
Compiling core...
Using precompiled core: C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_544242\core\core_arduino_avr_unowifi_0c812875ac70eb4a9b385d8fb077f54c.a
Linking everything together...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc" -w -Os -g -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -o "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117/sketch_feb21a.ino.elf" "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117\sketch\sketch_feb21a.ino.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117/..\arduino_cache_544242\core\core_arduino_avr_unowifi_0c812875ac70eb4a9b385d8fb077f54c.a" "-LC:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117" -lm
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom=alloc,load --no-change-warnings --change-section-lma .eeprom=0 "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117/sketch_feb21a.ino.elf" "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117/sketch_feb21a.ino.eep"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -R .eeprom "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117/sketch_feb21a.ino.elf" "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117/sketch_feb21a.ino.hex"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-size" -A "C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117/sketch_feb21a.ino.elf"
Der Sketch verwendet 444 Bytes (1%) des Programmspeicherplatzes. Das Maximum sind 32256 Bytes.
Globale Variablen verwenden 9 Bytes (0%) des dynamischen Speichers, 2039 Bytes für lokale Variablen verbleiben. Das Maximum sind 2048 Bytes.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/arduinoOTA -address 192.168.240.1 -port 80 -sketch C:\Users\kaisc\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_658117/sketch_feb21a.ino.hex -upload /pgm/upload -sync /pgm/sync -reset /log/reset -sync_exp 204:SYNC
Resetting the board
Failed to reset the board, upload failed
Beim Hochladen des Sketches ist ein Fehler aufgetreten

you upload to the 192.168.240.1. it is the IP address of the configuration AP. are you connected to the esp8266's WiFi?
use STA mode for upload

I can´t connect to a WIFI for STA

Itsch:
I can´t connect to a WIFI for STA

no WiFi network? or only 5 GHz WiFi network?

there is not wifi network to pick. beforehand there was wifi networks then i use to connect an it comes "connect to wifi is fail"

Itsch:
there is not wifi network to pick. beforehand there was wifi networks then i use to connect an it comes "connect to wifi is fail"

so the computer is on cable network. then connect the WiFi of the computer to the esp8266 WiFi network. but it will disconnect every time you reset the esp8266