Boost analog waveform from 5V to 100V

So I have a setup that will output varying voltages between 0-5V. Im looking for the best method to convert this waveform up to ~100V. Any suggestions?

I would also like to note that there will eventually be two analog pins that will be outputting different voltages that will need to be in sync to one another after its boosted up to 100V. Im ok with a buffer time in between as long as I can sync the buffer times so that the outputs are synced

Which Arduino? most do not have analog outs, though you can filter the pwm.

One of these might be handy:

Right now Im doing Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) with a low pass filter. This gets me the clean waveform but not sure how to boost it up to 100V.

Dave

Need a big analog amplifier. How much current at 100V is needed?
Is that 0 +/-50V? 0-100V? 0 +/-100V?

Did you look at my link?

Answering CrossRoads question...it would be 0-100V and with a current level max of 25mA

Answering KeithRB's question...Yes, I did look at the link, definitely will work. Is there a more cost effective option maybe with discrete parts?

Sure, it depends on how linear you need it, and how much electronics you know.

You could even put a couple of booster transistors on the output of a regular op-amp, usually this is done for current, but it should work for voltage, too.

Note that you'll need a power supply of at least 100V to power your amplifier.

Is there a more cost effective option maybe with discrete parts?

It's usually cheaper (and easier) to use an integrated circuit. And, if you start building higher voltage circuits with discrete components there is a higher chance of frying parts (which obviously adds to the cost).

What frequency range do you need? Could you use an audio power amp?

Russell.

jimihendrix85:
Answering CrossRoads question...it would be 0-100V and with a current level max of 25mA

Answering KeithRB's question...Yes, I did look at the link, definitely will work. Is there a more cost effective option maybe with discrete parts?

Sounds like a job for an Apex power op-amp.. but those are big $$$

Is there any reason not to use a class D amp and filter afterwards - its only 25mA

Are you generating PWM or using a DAC though?