Arduino Library downloader

Hi. And thanks for the kind words.

I am not sure if we both talk about the same "Arduino repository".

Because as far as i know there is no central repository for libs from Arduino.
The only place that i know of where "some" of the libs that exists out there in the world of Arduino are in the playground here:
http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/LibraryList

And that is a public wiki where everyone can post and write links.
So some of the libs there in the playground only have a link to an external webpage where somewhere you can find the lib from the author.
And some have a own wiki page where somewhere there you can find a link to the lib. Then some of the libs have a different directory structure etc.
So nothing is standardized there. And i don't believe the Arduino crew have any possibility to get that data in some form that can easily imported from somewhere else.

So please don't understand me wrong.
At most of this i was already thinking how to do it in a way that would be the best before i started with this application and while i was developing it.
And i think the only way is to make a new repository where every library creator uploads their libs in a standardized form.
(i believe i should release a how-to how the structure of the zip-file should look like and maybe implement a check when the lib got uploaded.
But to be honest. Most of the libs should already be in that structure because this is how the Arduino crew recommend it.)

And then i am not a pro c++ coder. I started this project to learn a bit about developing in c++ and to try to develop it in a way that should make it easy to compile it for other operating systems out there.

So i hope there will be support from some library developers. :wink:
I still have many ideas how this project could get better.
It is just mostly hard work to gather all the needed information.