THE HOME MOSQUITO TRAP | HELP ME KILL MOSQUITOS* AND SAVE LIVES

HELP ME KILL MOSQUITOS* AND SAVE LIVES
(*Lots and lots of mosquitos.)

I don’t hate mosquitos. Truly, I don’t. But the annoying, flying bug is more than a source of painful bumps and lost sleep: it’s a killer that we can stop.
Mosquitos carry diseases, and every year hundreds of thousands of people die preventable deaths because of these tiny insects.

I love arduino. Here my results...

My miBox is the new mosquito trap designed specifically for indoor home use. Just place the miBox somewhere in your house and you’ll never have to worry about the annoying little insects again.
I invented miBox to bring effective home mosquito control to everyone, which is why I want you to help me fund my invention through my indiegogo fundraising campaign: mosquitointrouble. I’ve also set up a website, mosquitointrouble.com, where the miBox will be available after the indigogo campaign ends. The campaign itself at: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-home-mosquito-trap/x/911985

Thanks for your support!

more informations see also the attached PDF-File

please download the second pdf file. the fist is corrupt.
or get it at: http://www.mosquitointrouble.com/press/

Yes, it catches aedes aegypti too!

mibox_us_01.pdf (1.61 MB)

mibox_us_01.pdf (1.61 MB)

Very important to fight malaria!

1. The attached PDF is corrupted somehow (could not read it)

2. Can you tell anything about the design? How the Arduino "catches" the mosquitos?

And the Arduino connection is..?

Brazil is undergoing an epidemia of a disease called "dengue" or "dengue fever", which is carried by the mosquito Aedes aegypti.

The disaease causes very high fevers, strong headaches and the platelets count (one of the cells in blood, also known as thrombocytes) is diminished to a near-fatal level. There is no definite cure for dengue. if you get dengue for a second time, the chance of survival is only 2% (that is right: TWO percent!). There is no vaccine, no nothing. If you get it, you take some paracetamol to fight the pain and hope your body, your immune system, can counter-attack the virus.

To this moment, in 2013 in Brazil, over 1,500 people have died of dengue with over 32,000 cases.

If you design something that is proven to be truly effective against the Aegis aegypti, I can guarantee you will be a very rich man selling that in Brazil.

I know for a fact (because my wife is a researcher in cellular biology, working on her post-doctorate) that EVERY MAJOR university in Brazil has researches on fighting that specific mosquito. The govern is giving away truckloads of money to fund researches on fighting dengue, on whatever front it is (killing the virus, killing the mosquito, curing the disease, etc).

And the Arduino connection is..?

Counting the dead.

Ah, so It's arduino interrupt driven with a mosquito++ in the ISR?

Lefty

XD

I think mosquitoes are smarter than this and anything that needs electricity and constant chemical refills probably won't work out too well in the sort of places that need it most.

Worse, it's far too expensive. A better technology can be built for about $50 but still hasn't been deployed even though it's backed by Bill Gates.

Chemicals? LCD display? uController? WiFi?
This is potentially the second most over engineered bugzapper I have ever heard of. First place ofcourse forever belongs to the "photonic fence" based on Star Wars tech to shoot the suckers with a laser.

karlboll:
This is potentially the second most over engineered bugzapper I have ever heard of.

It's a first-world bug zapper, USA version. People buy worse value stuff than this on Home Shopping Channel.

robtillaart:
Very important to fight malaria!

1. The attached PDF is corrupted somehow (could not read it)

2. Can you tell anything about the design? How the Arduino "catches" the mosquitos?

to 1: i have uploaded the pdf file again. Please download the second.
to 2: there is a airstream inside which sucks the mosquitoes in if they too close.

AlxDroidDev:
Brazil is undergoing an epidemia of a disease called "dengue" or "dengue fever", which is carried by the mosquito Aedes aegypti.

The disaease causes very high fevers, strong headaches and the platelets count (one of the cells in blood, also known as thrombocytes) is diminished to a near-fatal level. There is no definite cure for dengue. if you get dengue for a second time, the chance of survival is only 2% (that is right: TWO percent!). There is no vaccine, no nothing. If you get it, you take some paracetamol to fight the pain and hope your body, your immune system, can counter-attack the virus.

To this moment, in 2013 in Brazil, over 1,500 people have died of dengue with over 32,000 cases.

If you design something that is proven to be truly effective against the Aegis aegypti, I can guarantee you will be a very rich man selling that in Brazil.

I know for a fact (because my wife is a researcher in cellular biology, working on her post-doctorate) that EVERY MAJOR university in Brazil has researches on fighting that specific mosquito. The govern is giving away truckloads of money to fund researches on fighting dengue, on whatever front it is (killing the virus, killing the mosquito, curing the disease, etc).

I tested it not in Brazil, its too far from my home. But it catches all types of bloodsucking mosquitoes. Read more on my website. I tested it in 4 countries in europe and usa. The result was a range of different variations of bloodsucking mosquitoes.
Hey, spread the word in Brazil!

fungus:
I think mosquitoes are smarter than this and anything that needs electricity and constant chemical refills probably won't work out too well in the sort of places that need it most.

Worse, it's far too expensive. A better technology can be built for about $50 but still hasn't been deployed even though it's backed by Bill Gates.

Hey, the mosquitoes are not as clever as you think. I tested it over years now.
The fencething as you linked is a bit overdone. Its a virtual fence, which has a big big hole on the top. Like a open mosquitonet.

karlboll:
This is potentially the second most over engineered bugzapper I have ever heard of. First place ofcourse forever belongs to the "photonic fence" based on Star Wars tech to shoot the suckers with a laser.

Its not a bugzapper, its a bugsucker.
Yes, iam a geek, i like arduino and all the technical stuff. But if you check out my website, there is also a simple version, which is much cheaper and do the job too.

fungus:

karlboll:
This is potentially the second most over engineered bugzapper I have ever heard of.

It's a first-world bug zapper, USA version. People buy worse value stuff than this on Home Shopping Channel.

hey, its not a zapper. See my website to get the whole story. And iam a one man show. And yes, iam a geek. :slight_smile:

I still can't read the PDF it just comes out blank.

Grumpy_Mike:

I still can't read the PDF it just comes out blank.

you can download it here:
http://www.mosquitointrouble.com/press/

This naturally occurring has is the same
thing you breathe our when you exhale,

sp. "gas"

AWOL:

thing you breathe our when you exhale,

sp. "gas"

fixed. thanks

thing you breathe our when you exhale, and to