Welcome ArduinoDroid - Arduino IDE for Android

hi ive recently downloaded this app and purchased an otg cable,
I currently have a Samsung S5 running lollipop.
i have followed all the instructions to selecting the right board connected it up selected and compiled the blink sketch and went to upload the sketch to the arduino, but i get and end process error everytime,

Can anybody shed some light on this problem and help me out ?

Thanks in advance

Andy

how can i select port???

I have a USB hub with 3 arduinos.. it see's each but ArduinoDroid auto selects and use the last one i plug in.

Thanks
Shane

1 Like

I am using lenovo a7000(not yet rooted) and I have ft232 chip an arduino mini pro.
My phone supports has otg support too. I have tried using usb terminal app and shorted tx rx pins. It works like a echo code as it should work. Dtr pin too works. I have tried using a multimeter and my ardiuno too, it works.
But I am not able to upload sketch only from my phone using Arduinodroid. At present 5.0 lollipop is running.
I am able to upload sketchs from my Moto G 4g. It too runs lollipop os.
I am getting this error- (see Attachment )

Hi all,
I just tried Arduinodroid with my smartphone, and the first couple of sketches worked great.
I'm running into difficuties however when I try to add libraries.
I wanted to add the TFT libraries, so I copied the whole folder to the "libraries" directory.
But whenever I try to include the TFT.h file, I get a compilation error saying that the library cannot be found.
Tried to copy the TFT.h and TFT.cpp to the main libraries folder, but that did not work either.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Kind regards,
Joseph

Joseph_K:
Hi all,
I just tried Arduinodroid with my smartphone, and the first couple of sketches worked great.
I'm running into difficuties however when I try to add libraries.
I wanted to add the TFT libraries, so I copied the whole folder to the "libraries" directory.
But whenever I try to include the TFT.h file, I get a compilation error saying that the library cannot be found.
Tried to copy the TFT.h and TFT.cpp to the main libraries folder, but that did not work either.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Kind regards,
Joseph

I have same problem.
But library - NewliquidCrystal and file LCD.h

I had a bit of trouble there too including a mozzi library.
I have copied all the files and folders from the library folder then inserted into a mozzi folder in the libraries folder... in the ide i just type #include<mozziGuts.h> without specifying the subfolder...works like a charm...watch out if you have a folder inside a folder it wont work.... have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Hi, I am still new to this. I downloaded the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Android 4.3, Samsung Galaxy tab 3 p5220 Android 4.2.2 (then later updated to 4.4.2) and on a friend's Xperia z running Android 5 and I tried to upload a sketch to the redboard and got this message from avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 then Error: Process returned not zero result code: 1. I have tried switching to internal uploader and I have ticked every board on the list and still nothing. I have attached screenshots from the Galaxy tab 3.

Thanks in advance
Heinrich

idea: to create a library that takes advantage of the screen mobile device

Hi
I saw many video on YouTube for how to connect&Program Ardunio Using Android Device(ArdunioDroid Apk).

I have an Android device who Support USB Host. and i am able to use my pendrive with my mobile.

But when i connect My Ardunio Uno R3 with my android device ardunio light blinks that means it is able use power from my android device . But when i try to program my ardunio with "arduniodroid" it show error like "No Board Found". Am using old version of arduniodroid but when i trying to install the latest version of this apk unfortunately it creash.

So plz help me how i can solve error "No board Found" ....

Anyone have code uploading working with this app?

Monitor, and code compilation seems to work fine, but the upload is broken. Have tried with 2 diffrent Android units (5.1.1 and 6.0.1) and on both a pro mini and Uno, with and without external power.
Uploading just gives me: Error:length=1;index=1

4ntoine:
Hi, guys.

I'm happy to announce ArduinoDroid - Arduino IDE for Android.

Features:

• open/edit arduino sketches
  • example sketches and libraries included
  • code syntax highlighting
  • compile sketches (no root required)
  • upload sketches (FTDI-based board and Arduino Uno are supported at this time only, android devices with USB-host support required)
    works offline (internet connection is not required)

On first launch ArduinoDroid downloads and extracts SDK (about 30Mb), so about 100Mb on sdcard is required.

@ Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=name.antonsmirnov.android.arduinodroid

Blog:
http://arduinodroid.blogspot.com

Hey 4ntoine,

Nice work, I gotta try it.

I have the same problem of " No Board Found ". I even tried different Arduino boards and even reloaded the ArduinoDroid App. I get same error message every time. Can any one help ?

Hi everyone!

I need help to develop and android app that is capable to upload a new firmware (.hex) to an arduino board, via bluetooth.

The idea behind this app is to be able to replace an arduino firmware that contains problems (bugs) with a fixed one, that was previously downloaded on a mobile device with android.

Would anyone please help me?

Thank you guys!

I used ArduinoDroid on MXQ (Android TV BOX) with no big problems.
The Android on MXQ is 4.4.2 so I used an older version version of ArduinoDroid (sob).

Using it I developped an app to control Arduino UNO board via USB from PHP (USPphpTunnel)
see it here GitHub - msillano/USBphpTunnel: Android app for MXQ TV box to control an Arduino board via USB from PHP.

About Arduino console terminal: the only terminal app that worked with my Arduino board is
"Serial USB terminal" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.kai_morich.serial_usb_terminal.

thanks.

Does not reliably see/recognize genuine Arduino Uno under Nougat (7.1.2) Occasionally, the ArduinoDroid sees the Uno, and I can compile an unmodified blink and send it to the Uno. It compiles and appears to download and sends messages that it was received. Change the code by only a single digit (changing the delay from 1000 to 100, or 1 second to 0.1 second) also compiles and downloads, and gives no errors at all. Everything APPEARS to work well, except the LED 13 continues with a flash of 1 second on, 1 second off. Obviously, with Nougat, it fails to actually update the Uno. I am using a Google Nexus 5x with Android 7.1.2 and a Genuine Arduino Uno. Software author has been unresponsive so far, likely aware that Nougat is a problem.

Does anyone have the current app link for this (not blog) as the one in the initial post seems dead.

EDIT.

THIS is the current link

Hi, Arduino Droid is a great software, but I'm finding trouble uploading codes to my Arduino Uno. Sometimes it works just fine, but most of the times, the following error occurs =>

Uploading error

avrdude done. Thank you.

Error: Process returned not 0 result code: 1

How can I solve this problem.

Hello, I'm newbie in Arduino programming, but I try...

My problem... I made a Outside Geocache for Geocaching Game, then I made, compile and upload my code to my Arduino UNO, but sometime I have to make some change in the code and the Geocache is already in the outside field, so I can't bring it back to home and plug it in my PC.

So I found Adruino Droid for my cell phone, I was happy to know I skould be able to make my change in the field, but the library I use in my code can't be install in my Arduino Droid because they dont have the Library.Properties file then I received error message and I can do nothing with the app.

I search in the library list but I can't found the one I need, then I should have to redo the coding and I'm not able to do that alone.

So is therre a method to bypass this type of error concerning the Library.Properties file by making one by myself then add it to the zip file.

I'll wait for your answer. Thank you

I have installed ArduinoDroid on my tablet, which is rooted.
Basic sketches I can upload, but when I try to include library(such as DHT), it can't find files(in this case, DHT.h).
Names of folders are only letters of english alphabet, no other characters.
Can someone help me with this? Thank you.

Bad app.... >:(

I have Arduino on my pc and my sketch work perfectly, now I have installed ArduinoDroid on my Galaxy S5 Neo, I installed all the library I need for my sketch ans when I open my sketch, a lot of errors appear and I can't compile it.

So why it works on Arduino PC and not on ArduinoDroid?

I had flush it from my mobile!