Vehicle fuel corrector with an arduino

Hi its my fist time here! im tired to read example that dont match my needs and keep reading but i dont understand.

i need to control a 5v signal from my car maf and manipulate them by 3 conditions:
rpm(input 2)
boost(0-5v)(input 3)
tps(0-5v) input 4

welcome to the forum.

rpm = ????-????rpm,

may I offer that if you read HOW TO USE THIS FORUM
it is a thread at the top of every forum
read item #7 about code tags.

you can come back, edit your first post (bottom right of post is edit button)
and then put your code in properly.

I read now the #7 but that is not a code that is what i need. First i want to know if it can be done.second i dont know how to white code example i can find the read rpm from forums but then i dont know how to add the rest without error codes. Sorry for my english as its not my primary language

I have no idea what you are actually tying to control.

instead of giving all the parameters, tell us in words what you want to do.

you have only inputs, no outputs ?

input #1 MAF
input #2 RPM
input #3 boost
input #4 tps

what are you trying to control ? an output to a gauge ?

since all your inputs are 0-1024
can you just add them ?

maximum possible value is 4096

example:
MAF = 2.5 volts = 512
RPM = 1.25 volts = 256
boost = 1.25 votls = 256
tps = 0 = 0

512 + 256 + 256 + 0 = 1024

4096 / 1024 = 25%

maximum / sum of all readings = percentage of maximum

Im trying to control maf signal in other word a piggyback ecu like apex-i safc

MAF = 2.5 volts = 512
RPM = 1.25 volts = 256
boost = 1.25 votls = 256
tps = 0 = 0

4096 / 1024 = 25%

output = MAF * 1.25
if (output > 5.00) then otuput = 5.00

fake_MAF_output = 640 = 3.125 volts

Where is rpm

juntekind:
Where is rpm

I thought you had it already?

juntekind:
Where is rpm

MAF + RPM + boost + tps = 1024

it would be the value of your input

do you have any experience with writing code ?
can you make a sketch to read your inputs ?

No i dont have experience,but i can copy paste
I know it is analogread but the sketch i have found for rpm are digital read.
I have one arduino with a code just to read input 0 to 1023
And another readind rpm, its not serial printing actuar real rpm 1000 its like 560 but fur my pupose i can us it

@juntekind, what does the Title of your Thread mean to you?
(Isn't "like" something people do with Facebook?)

It is completely meaningless to me. Maybe if I understood it I could help?

...R

Robin2:
@juntekind, what does the Title of your Thread mean to you?
(Isn't "like" something people do with Facebook?)

It is completely meaningless to me. Maybe if I understood it I could help?

...R

Apex-i is an automotive after market supplier. we need to know MANY things to help, but I believe that these are not the droids you are looking for....

the best place an automotive forum that discusses high performance parts and hope someone else has done this so he can copy off a website.

juntekind,
make a sketch:
show a box, label it arduino
put a line with an arrow into the box, lable it rpm, make another lable it boost, do that for each INPUT

use an arrow out of the box to show OUTPUTS and say where they go.

if there is a youtube video of what you want, post that.

because of the time and energy involved in writing a program, I do not expect anyone to do all the work for you.
consider this to be a classroom where we help you figure it out.

Ok this electronic device reacive(input) and manipulate(ouput) the value(voltage) of the air flow meter which is the more important sensor for the ecu to calculate how much fuel will send to the engine. You specify throttle value and rpm and %of fuel and when the engine reach those values the apex sum or rest the % to the voltage of the air flow meter.

A quick search turned up this link:- APEXi - S-AFC II

Modifies air-flow meter signal (pressure signal in some vehicles) to optimize fuel-air ratio;

The S-AFC is capable of monitoring and replaying the following data channels in Numerical, Analog Meter and Graph displays: Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Intake Manifold Pressure, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction %.

The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments.

So I guess you're trying to make one of the above units using an Arduino?
ie You want to monitor RPM, boost and throttle position, (is that what tps is?), then output modified mass airflow sensor readings to the ECU.

I guess you also want to have a user interface/display similar to that in the video?

I suspect that you're in for a very steep learning curve. There's far more to this than you've previously indicated.

OldSteve:
A quick search turned up this link...

I guess I am lazy - but that seems to me to be the OP's role :slight_smile:

...R

Robin2:
I guess I am lazy - but that seems to me to be the OP's role :slight_smile:
...R

Yeah, you're right, but he wasn't providing a whole lot of information, so I thought I'd jog things along a bit. :slight_smile:
(Plus the lack of info had begun to make me a bit curious about exactly what he wanted to achieve.)

That looks like way more inputs and outputs than any Arduino is capable of.

I'm not clear on the operation principle of the Apex. Initially I thought it was like a piggyback EEPROM but the site that Steve found looks more like it's an intercept between the ECU and the car's wiring. The EEPROM-like devices don't get that data directly and an Arduino isn't fast enough to emulate an EEPROM, so it's probably the other.

Yes, you can intercept some of the analog signals and 'tweak' them a little to persuade the ECU to give the car more fuel than it was originally programmed to do. But RPM isn't an analog signal. The ECU is getting that from the sensors on the crankshaft and camshaft and using them to fire the spark and the fuel injectors. Tweaking that will just stop the motor. Possibly with a ball of fire for your troubles.

No apex only have 3-4 inputs
Throttle position sensor
Rpm
Air flow meter(some map sensor)
Knock sensor(apex-1 safc 2)
Output :
Modified Air flow meter signal to ecu

juntekind:
No apex only have 3-4 inputs
Throttle position sensor
Rpm
Air flow meter(some map sensor)
Knock sensor(apex-1 safc 2)
Output :
Modified Air flow meter signal to ecu

You need to provide much more information than you have so far if you want to get anywhere. You've still told us virtually nothing.
For instance, what (exactly) do you want to do to the air flow sensor readings in response to varying input values from the above?

You'll have to start doing some real planning. You have a long way to go if you're going to make this a reality. This is the 19th reply to this thread, and youre still right back at the beginning.

Hard, cold data is needed.