Should flux be cleaned from pre-assembled boards?

Oh no, you're totally right, and I'm so embarrassed... my soldering skills are getting better, but it's actually pretty tough so if it's that bad, or it's messed up, I'll just send you another one. This is the first time anyone's even mentioned this to me, but that's no excuse!

The real problem is that I have to put the screen on first manually before I place the right angle header that passes through the pins that I cover up with the shield when it snaps onto the Arduino. I really didn't like the idea of not passing those pins through because then it wouldn't really fit the "physical computingness" of it all. So I guess I thought pin access was important, but I could only use a screen that folded a connector down-wise like you see in the pictures. In order to keep all the Arduino pins accessible, I had to solder on that header myself.

Anyway, it's also really hard to clean the residue away :frowning: Because of the screen, I can't use water or liquid chemicals like acetone from CVS or the hardware store. Acetone can leak into the screen, and it ruins $140 of electronics in a split second! I know because I've messed up quite a few trying...

It's like a big jigsaw puzzle, really, since I tried to cram a lot of different layered components into a same space. And that's not even talking about the touchscreen overlay part.

Oh well, I feel really bad, kind of like I brought home a bad report card ... is there anything I can do to make it up? I'm gonna go back to the drawing board and see if I can think up a better way to do this... there must be some way... if you want a new TouchShield, just shoot me an email at inthebitz@gmail.com

Matt