Ignoring members

Delta_G:
So don't read them. What's so hard about that? When you see the user name, just skip it. That's what I do. I have a whole list of folks that get all upset if you try to tell them what is wrong with their code and I can just see the user name and completely ignore the thread. It's as simple as not clicking on it. I can't imagine making it more work than that and asking someone to write code for that.

I'm fully on board with this approach. I'm very new in this part of the Internet, and I kind of like the acerbic wit of telling people to do what they should have researched them selves before even posting here.

I'm a great believer in learn to do it yourself - and if you can't even figure out some posting guidelines before you splatter some code with out using code tags then you have other stuff you need to address.

So instead of an ignore function, I'd much prefer to see a forced tutorial on posting code, or maybe even when the post box opens it comes up with a prompt to 'put your code here'.