Recover deleted project file

I was not aware that one of my project folds was deleted after cleaning my PC with CCleanner. I checked the trash folder and the files are not there. Is it possible to recover the files? It just happened in yesterday.

I know ballscrewbob has experience with this CCleaner. Maybe he can suggest something.

ballscrewbob:

Project folders are not deleted unless they were placed in any of windows temporary locations.

Also depends on what options you had set in CCLEANER.
Without knowing that it is too much guesswork at this end.

Always better to leave at the default unless you know what you are doing.
Normally it uses "Normal file deletion" which means that there is a good chance of recovering the folders.
If it was set for secure then you would need a third party piece of software to dig out any files and that is not a job for the faint of heart.

Really you haven't given much to go on other than saying it was CCLEANER.
I use it on a daily basis in development work to give me a clean start and drop all my cache etc. and have never lost files.

One of the easier pieces of software to bring back files is "RECUVA" but even with that you need to be tech savvy.

Whenever I tell anyone to use CC I always say leave at the default settings.
Are you 100% certain it was CC that did it ?

EDIT
ADDITIONAL INFO

ballscrewbob:
Project folders are not deleted unless they were placed in any of windows temporary locations.

Whenever I tell anyone to use CC I always say leave at the default settings.
Are you 100% certain it was CC that did it ?

EDIT
ADDITIONAL INFO

I am sure it is deleted by CCleaner. And the settings are in default, never touch it. I have several projects and the new ones are saved on separate drive. Not sure about the old project files.

I will give a try on Recuva and thanks for sharing the details.

You are most welcome.

But again I am at a loss as to how CC did what you say.
Been using it for quite a few years now and its one of my "GOTO" bits of software.

If you can remember a partial project name maybe do a detailed search.
Also avoid doing too much in the way of file changes on that box until you have tried RECUVA as you stand a better chance that way.

Could you tell us the former location of the deleted folder?