best way to store arduino and components

MichaelMeissner:
Well there is always this over the top approach used by Adam Savage (of the Discovery channel Mythbusters series) to organize his tools: http://www.tested.com/videos/45036-inside-adam-savages-man-cave-the-tool-boxes/.

You had to post that. Now I am sitting here drooling, and I probably can't afford it. I would so love to have that system; seems even better than my StackOn solution, to a certain extent. Here's the company:

Things that should be noted, though, from that video (and from the website for sortimo):

1. It looks like Adam purchased (for certain items) more storage than he needed; note that some bins in the cases were empty.
  2. Adam labeled his bins.
  3. On sortimo's site, they still sell the same kind of cases that they have for the past 40 years.

So you can see and understand that what I suggested is -key- to keeping your components and such sorted well over time:

1. Purchase more storage than you need.
  2. Label everything (as much as possible).
  3. Try to make sure that whatever solution you purchase will be around long-term.

Of course, sortimo is an industrial solution, and typically you have to go this route if you want to adhere to item 3. Unfortunately, this generally means you are going to pay a premium for your storage solution. Still - it may be worth it if you figure this to be a long term hobby.

/now I just need to find a vendor for sortimo (and I'll probably be shocked by the price)...