windows HID project

I've been making use of the KADE LOADER software with Minimus AVR board. KaDevice.com is for sale | HugeDomains The Minimus is discontinued (I think) so I need a replacement (quite urgently).

Looking for guidance on what boards could be used. Cheaper is better, the 20inputs of Minimus was enough.

A price like this is nice:
New Pro Micro ATmega32U4 5V 16MHz Replace ATmega328 Pro Mini | eBay?

I don't know if I have time to learn how to program this myself from scratch (or if that is sensible, I've got plenty of mechanical things to design). I'm not scared by the thought of modifying code, just getting started is hard.

Just some guidance eg "XX board will work and is cheap and easy to use" would get me started.

thanks
jimmer

I'm not familiar with KADE. Can you use different words to describe what you're trying to do?

If you're creating an HID like a joystick or mouse, then you need an Arduino with "native" USB. A Due, Mini, Leonardo or Teensy will do this quite easily.

OK right, let me describe the features of the KADE LOADER software + Minimus AVR that I want to reproduce. KADE takes input from buttons and optical devices and mimics various devices such as playstation controllers, keyboard, optical mouse.

I want a device and code to reproduce 2 of the KADE options.

a) 20 button keyboard encoder
b) optical trackball/spinner to Optical mouse (plus 10 keys)

So two pieces of code. To program the device in two different ways.

If someone wrote this for me, I wouldn't need a gui. I could either edit the code to make changes to the keys that get produced, or edit a configuration file.

These pictures might help?

I'm willing to pay someone to get me going on this.

Ther job would be to supply me with software to program this board,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162015552758?

to do the job described in previous message.

You'd need to guide me through installing the tools I need on my windows7 PC. And show me how to change the code and compile it or whatever, and use it. No ongoing support expected.

Is there a more appropriate place to find someone to do this work?

jimmer:
Ther job would be to supply me with software to program this board,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162015552758?

That's just a bare Arduino Mini. Good choice, but you're going to need a lot more details on the hardware it's talking to. Pictures of the KADE menus just look like a wishlist rather than a specification a programmer can use.

Thread moved.

@MorganS -

1.) I think you meant MICRO.. and not MINI.........right? (I wasnt aware the Pro-Mini had HID capabilities? has this changed?)

@jimmer

I'm still not 100% clear on what it is you want as an end result from someone here..

I get you need a 'programmed' Arduino Micro/Pro-Micro...

but as mentioned.. you'll need other things as input devices for this Arduino to parse and send over to your end point (KADE or whatever)

It is dead simple enough to add any numbers of buttons/switches to the Arduino (Pro) Micro...

and have it mapped to whatever it is you want done/sent.

ie:

button1 = sends Key UP value to PC
button2 = sends Key DOWN value to PC
button3 = sends ESC value to PC
..etc...etc..etc..

Not sure what type of interface you want to use, plan to use for the trackball portion of the project. You might need a USB Host shield if planning using a real mouse.

The ebay listing states the Micro has 20 I/O pins (not sure if that means RX/TX pins as well.. havent played with a (pro) Micro in a while to recall the slight variances)

So should be enough for you to work with.

This project is now finished (except for one trailing question).

I have programmed the keyboard encoder form scratch, and borrowed someone elses code for the trackball.

The remaining question I have is how to turn off the serial connection (com) that throws up unknown hardware mesages on a PC. I want the PC to only see a standard usb HID device. I think it's the bootloader making that connection ???

I thought I read about it somewhere (I'll have to give it another search) about how to the change how the device is seen once enumerated.

seemed to be a bit more on the advanced side.