First Project - Scale Simulator

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share my first project here. Compared to what I'm looking at from you guys it seems pretty basic, but we all start somewhere right! I wanted to create a automatic simulator to control my manual simulator from work. We use these to test our scales (I work for a scale company).

It can set zero, set max and then generate a random weight every 5 seconds and display it on the lcd. I use the Servo and some lego gears to put my manual tool into motion.

I've stumbled upon many issues building this from scratch, but I feel pretty good with the result!

Imgur: The magic of the Internet some more pics

Code @ Scale Sim Arduino - Pastebin.com

Feedback is welcome, new to writing any type of code.

And seems it even has a simulated operator :wink:

operator.GIF

operator.GIF

Cool! I´m working for a company which often has to connect a scale to an ERP system.
So I also created a scale simulator, but in a different way.
It is created with a Duo and a LCD shield with buttons.

You can setup the baud, start- /end- char, min- /max- values, dot or comma, and 1/8 different datasets (only weight, mettler toledo, whatever interface used). This is more or less harcoded and not very nice. The weight comes with a random net/gross number within the min/max ranges. But helpful enough for me.
Two different modes: answering on requests or on button-press.

Worst thing about it: No little Lego worker on it ;D

TriB:

That can be Phase II.

TriB:
Cool! I´m working for a company which often has to connect a scale to an ERP system.
So I also created a scale simulator, but in a different way.
It is created with a Duo and a LCD shield with buttons.

You can setup the baud, start- /end- char, min- /max- values, dot or comma, and 1/8 different datasets (only weight, mettler toledo, whatever interface used). This is more or less harcoded and not very nice. The weight comes with a random net/gross number within the min/max ranges. But helpful enough for me.
Two different modes: answering on requests or on button-press.

ERP, Mettler-Toledo... I have a feeling we work for the same company?

We should join forces!

Hehe, I don´t think so.
Currently I´m more or less the only one here, who hacks around with external devices, interfaces, and nerdy stuff 8)

I´ve uploaded my solution to GitHub. Please feel free to throw an eye on it!
But be aware, it´s a simple, fast developed solution with no attention to clean code, readability or reusability :roll_eyes:

GitHub/Scale_Simulator