Warning message on system log when IDE is showing a "matching brace" popup

I'm using Arduino 1.8.10 on fedora 30 linux. While working on a sketch, I happened to have the fedora system log displaying in a terminal window so that I could monitor the status of the serial port being used by the Arduino IDE. When I moved my cursor just to the right of the ending brace "}" for the loop() code, a small popup appeared at the top of my sketch showing

void loop()
{

since not all of my loop() code fit the window. This is nice -- I see the where the "matching brace" for the one where my mouse is positioned. However, the following messages appear on the system log whenever I move the mouse to the ending brace and the matching beginning brace is not visible:

Dec 06 14:26:56 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx org.gnome.Shell.desktop[1986]: Window manager warning: Window 0x180596f sets an MWM hint indicating it isn't resizable, but sets min size 1 x 1 and max size 2147483647 x 2147483647; this doesn't make much sense.

Note: for my own security, the "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.org" replaces what is really shown on my PC.

This does not cause a problem; it's just clutters the system log. Just pointing it out to you. Would be nice to eliminate the warning message bui I can certainly live with it since I do not normally view the system log while working on a sketch.

Hi jganci. The best path to getting this fixed is to report it to the Arduino developers. The first step is to install the hourly and beta builds of the Arduino IDE and verify that the bug hasn't already been fixed. You can download them here:

After that, submit a bug report here:

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I'm,a newbie to this forum, so did not know where to post. I'll try doing what you suggested tomorrow or Monday.

This is a good place to post, but the Arduino developers don't have the time to monitor all the posts that are made to the forum, so they might not end up seeing your report here. It still makes sense to post here though because members of the Arduino community may have information.

Submitting quality bug reports does take some effort, but it's a great way to make a valuable contribution to the Arduino project.

Thanks!

I didn't get to this until today. As suggested, I tested with the latest beta and hourly build. Issue exists in both. Created a bug report at the Arduino github. If you're interested, it is issue #9516.

Thanks so much jyganci! A direct link to the bug report mentioned: