Man has created god.

When I say "unicorn", you know what I'm talking about. Aside from genetic mutations/defects in two-horned animals resulting in one horn, are unicorns real? You know what I mean, you can find pictures of them all over the place. In a sense, they are real, in that there is a word describing them and a shared knowledge of their characteristics. But 'real' in the sense that they clearly exist as typically described, they aren't.

Henry_Best:
Gods are made to order. They are made to exactly fit the prejudices of their believer.

+1

And that probably applies individually to every single person sitting in a Church - even though they all try to convince each other that they all share something.

...R

Robin2:
+1

And that probably applies individually to every single person sitting in a Church - even though they all try to convince each other that they all share something.

Yes, that does apply. Have you ever heard of a believer disagreeing with their god?

GolamMostafa:
The statements are very much close to my own perception except the plurality of God. Either no God or One God - the believers don't see much evidences in favour of the plurality. Plurality would create tremendous chaos; but, the environment where we are living is very much controlled.

Christians have at least two gods, God and Christ. The non-trinitarians amongst them claim to have three. Depending on how we define a god, I would also include Satan amongst their gods. Hindus have multiple gods, some say as many as a million. What "tremendous chaos" is there in Hinduism? The ancient Romans and ancient Egyptians also had multiple gods. No chaos there, either. There are over 20,000 gods known to have been worshipped by mankind throughout history. You are looking at only one religion's perception of god and not the gods of other religions.
Few gods can be shown to exist and those that can be shown to exist have no god-like properties.

For the Arduino GOD takes the form of the GCC compiler - all knowing, all powerful, all embracing.

...R

Henry_Best:
Christians have at least two gods, God and Christ.

Christians have just one god. The God is triune: the Father, the Son (Christ) and the Holy Spirit.
I hope that it is correct in English.:slight_smile:

Budvar10:
Christians have just one god.

What about money?

...R

Budvar10:
Christians have just one god. The God is triune: the Father, the Son (Christ) and the Holy Spirit.

Christian maths; 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 ?
And the bible tells us that Pi =3.

Henry_Best:
Christian maths; 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 ?

Yes, but I'm not an expert for theology. I didn't make that up. From my view, I do not want to offend anyone, god is fairy-tale character for adults. From technical view, god is almighty and he can be who he wants, so this math does not seem as problem.

Henry_Best:

Hmm. This statement is completely new for me. I have had to google for it and it looks just like speculation.

Henry_Best:

I think that was the Texas legislature. Same thing, really.

ChrisTenone:

Ha, likewise... K+

@Travis

"My God's will becomes me. When he speaks, he speaks through me"

ChrisTenone:

If Pi == 3 then maybe the cost of the Mexican wall will be a little cheaper :slight_smile:

...R

Why worry about cost? Every Mexican I know is saving up to chip in to pay for it! :stuck_out_tongue:

(I'll bet orangey gets 3 slices of pie anyway.)

ChrisTenone:
Why worry about cost? Every Mexican I know is saving up to chip in to pay for it! :stuck_out_tongue:

(I'll bet orangey gets 3 slices of pie anyway.)

But it will be a solar wall with expensive panels on top needing constant guard or replacement touted as paying for itself but don't look at the books.

Carrier got 7 million in tax money to keep less than half the jobs they moved to Mexico. Those kept are the ones building the new automated factory with much fewer jobs, tax-subsidized job destruction touted as Trump saving jobs by Trump, worse than SOSA.

Turn the border zone into a permanent military training ground with the arty impact ranges going up to 500m of the border and signs to that effect 5m in from the border. Use pictures. Rotate units in and out, good training, etc. Quit filling deserts with overproduction and put defense dollars into action here. Imagine the business opportunities around every deployment area, picture every off-post town you ever knew and call it jobs!

Henry_Best:
Yes, that does apply. Have you ever heard of a believer disagreeing with their god?

You mean like a Christian not forgiving because what Leviticus says don't? All the time! Big Book of Multiple Choice Answers!

GoForSmoke:
Turn the border zone into a permanent military training ground

Not enough votes in that - and think of the lost votes in the States from where the camps were moved.

...R

GoForSmoke:
You mean like a Christian not forgiving because what Leviticus says don't? All the time! Big Book of Multiple Choice Answers!

That's not disagreeing with their god, it's not even disagreeing with their book of magic spells. It's just not observing what the contradictory myths tell them.

Henry_Best:
That's not disagreeing with their god, it's not even disagreeing with their book of magic spells. It's just not observing what the contradictory myths tell them.

You might not know the book as well as you think then. It has an unambiguous statement about choosing one path only, forgiveness or law.

For some reason, a lot of Bible Study people seem to miss that one or explain it away like anything they don't want. It takes away the power to use the book on others and signal your own righteous views while being an asshole behind the book-mask.