Your latest purchase

Plus you are polishing the surface.

Stocking up, got a selection of colours, 24AWG.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UL-Strand-Wire-14-16-18-20-22-24-26-28-30awg-Silicone-Flexible-Cables-Coloured/183867888930?var=691533739837&hash=item2acf615522:g:iAsAAOSwkCddGr1C

raymw:
Some MBR0520L to see if i can actually work with stuff that small. I ordered some from ebay, a week or two ago. I've no idea what they sent, nor did they, they wouldn't send the correct items as advertised, so I got my money back, and ordered via Amazon, and they are the correct diodes. 40 from a seller on Amazon was cheaper than via Farnel incl. postage. I only need a few, most will be dropped on the floor, I expect.
I've been with ebay for years, don't buy much, but recently I've had 3 out of six orders go bad, and I try to assess the quality of the supplier, not just their star ratings.

After wating for the stars to align and the wind to change, I tried soldering one of the diodes to the Nano pcb this morning. Not having the set-up that I had before, I managed to position the chip, using a scriber, but the liquid flux surface tension stuck the chip to the scriber point. My soldering iron tip is far, far too big, and I had to use a 10x jeweller's loupe to see what I was doing. After a few attempts, however, I finally soldered it, and the Nano now seems to work via usb. Not financially, or otherwise worth the effort, but quite chuffed that I managed it - and I can rinse and repeat 39 more times, since I never lost any diodes...

^^ if you had the right stuff already (magnifying glass workbench and fine tipper soldering iron), this would have been easy work. And yes I would spend some time salvaging cheap Nanos by replacing bad diode.

RF-Nano

BLE-Nano

Never seem to have enough small storage containers.
50 for $4.30 USD

I just bought 250 plastic shot classes

I have heard that the shot class can cause memory problems.

groundFungus:
I have heard that the shot class can cause memory problems.

Gives me a ringing in my ears and an unpleasant burning smell :slight_smile:

...R

A metal sign I bought recently for 1€.

Drinking.png

Drinking.png

i use them for mixing epoxy and the like.

Mixing epoxy in these cups, good idea.

Don’t mix your epoxy with Vodka in these cups.

For glueing plastic boxes etc.

This is a great tool for laying down a bead of solvent, DCM/Methylene Chloride.

https://www.flex-i-file.com/adhesives.php

Had to see if the commercial version was any good.

I make a similar tool but with a larger pipette and a #20 needle with a brass core wire.

limited edition Ghost Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic poster.

Wanted to have more colour selection for breadboard point to point wiring.

Wire-wrapping on a breadboard? I'm confused; isn't the diameter too thin for that?

sterretje:
Wire-wrapping on a breadboard? I'm confused; isn't the diameter too thin for that?

Most breadboard signal runs are less than 3-4 inches, 30 AWG has a current rating of 500mA.

For higher current signals I use 24-20 AWG wire.

See:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=445951.0;attach=195518

Ah, does not look like a breadboard to me :wink:

Google: Solder-able breadboard youngster :slight_smile:

In my days it had another name. But I'm too old to remember :smiley:

Vero board, stripboard or something like that.