[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

Where is the "New Code" the "New shiny WINAVR"... I downloaded the Aug 13 version...

Doc

Docedison:
Where is the "New Code" the "New shiny WINAVR"... I downloaded the Aug 13 version...

Doc

Below big red download text in the first message.

Hello! I am working on a library installer now! for the manager, it looks like this:

It can install compressed libraries and uncompressed ones:

If the library is not on the first folder (for example if there are other subfolders or files), it will look for it inside and even fix the name to match Arduino library guidelines:

And if the library is old, it will try to fix it:

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated :slight_smile:

Some ideas:

1. baudrate checker (baudrate vs. crystal frequency with an brate error, ie "8MHz and 115k2 used - error of 7.8% !")
  2. pin assignment checker (ie you'll get a window with actual pin assignment with input/outputs and pin names indication coming from the source, maybe with possible collisions based on the board used - ie "wrong Sdcard SPI pins used", "wrong I2C pins used")
  3. something more complex - for DIY boards - an automatic system for DIY_board_name<->arduino_pin<->atmega_chip_pin management (ie for easy creation of your own variants with some checks)
    :slight_smile:
    Chips supported: atmega32, atmega328p, atmega1284p (both 44pin smt and dil40), atmega128, atmega1280, atmega2560.

pito:
Some ideas:

1. baudrate checker (baudrate vs. crystal frequency with an brate error, ie "8MHz and 115k2 used - error of 7.8% !")
  2. pin assignment checker (ie you'll get a window with actual pin assignment with input/outputs and pin names indication coming from the source, maybe with possible collisions based on the board used - ie "wrong Sdcard SPI pins used", "wrong I2C pins used")
  3. something more complex - for DIY boards - an automatic system for DIY_board_name<->arduino_pin<->atmega_chip_pin management (ie for easy creation of your own variants with some checks)
    :slight_smile:
    Chips supported: atmega32, atmega328p, atmega1284p (both 44pin smt and dil40), atmega128, atmega1280, atmega2560.

Hi,

1. Sounds nice, like a board manager right? (Duplicate, Delete, edit)
    I don't quite undestand the first 2 ones, but if you can explain a bit more where to get that data I will understand

mega spot on

a windows installer was sadly missing,
makes arduino much easier to install for the new bee that arduino is aimed at.

have not tried (c) yet, but the memory free check is a great add on, as is the lib manager.
all should be in the 'full' arduino path / set up me thinks,

( is anyone listening ? )

drjiohnsmith:
have not tried (c) yet, but the memory free check is a great add on, as is the lib manager.******
all should be in the 'full' arduino path / set up me thinks,

( is anyone listening ? )

What do you mean? where the library manager do his things?

****** don't forget the driver installer for novices :smiley:

Hi

in my bad english I was trying to say well done,

the lib manager I had not seen till your (c) release,
and the installer is great,

( any chance of an uninstaller to complete the process )

Yes, unninstaller sounds nice, but I am not sure if is just better to disable a library rather than unninstalling it. I have to test more because the "Add" option is still under testings mainly because the "Update old library" procedure must work very well otherwise I will not enable that feature.

I'd like a toggle "switch" to open terminal after upload. I use the shortcut Ctrl+U to upload the sketches, and I want a way to (optionally) automatically open the terminal.

mattallen37:
I'd like a toggle "switch" to open terminal after upload. I use the shortcut Ctrl+U to upload the sketches, and I want a way to (optionally) automatically open the terminal.

Which shortcut is free?

In file menu there is a new menu to upload and open serial monitor, also you can press CTRL+upload

Instead of a shortcut, I would like it to be a toggle option. If you want it to be a shortcut though, Alt+U should be fine.

Either that, or else a shortcut that opens the terminal (not upload and open the terminal, just open the terminal), but if the program is uploading, it wait's till it finishes.

mattallen37:
Instead of a shortcut, I would like it to be a toggle option. If you want it to be a shortcut though, Alt+U should be fine.

Either that, or else a shortcut that opens the terminal (not upload and open the terminal, just open the terminal), but if the program is uploading, it wait's till it finishes.

Sounds like a good suggestion but I don't want to change a lot the experience, I want to improve it and add features. So I think changing the button behaviour or the shortcut requires more comments and discussion.

Once you start changing the IDE, it stops being 'Other Software Development'. This should be discussed on a more official level, in my opinion. Particularly if you are only working on Windows. One of the best aspects of the Arduino is that it is platform agnostic.

dxw00d:
Once you start changing the IDE, it stops being 'Other Software Development'. This should be discussed on a more official level, in my opinion. Particularly if you are only working on Windows. One of the best aspects of the Arduino is that it is platform agnostic.

Well, some of the fixes/improvements are more than two or three year old (reported on google code), like the ram usage prediction, rxtx dll hack, blurry icon hack. I understand that they can't be seriously added because they are mostly hacks or unnoficcial stuff, so I am not complaining about anything.

My idea is just to get a nice fully working arduino ide with double click for Windows, what is missing now is the library installer and library automated updater. Then fix the issues with the mega 2560 and 1.0 and finally and optionally a "usb" debugger or some wizard to troubleshoot all connection issues, or bootloader, :smiley: in that moment I will be ablet to feel that I am done hehehe... In conclusion I will enhance the experience for all those users on my platform, it is what I am able to do. The only other alternative I have is to watch how the same errors appear over and over in the forums and we keep answering the same things forever.

In conclusion I will enhance the experience for all those users on my platform, it is what I am able to do.

So you want to bring fragmentation to Arduino?

dxw00d:

In conclusion I will enhance the experience for all those users on my platform, it is what I am able to do.

So you want to bring fragmentation to Arduino?

It is already fragmented. I am just helping to balance things to my side :wink:

Look the fonts on Mac, pretty and smooth. Standard ones on Win, choppy and old. If you plug a BT dongle it takes 30 secs to start in Win, winavr has like 3 years old. Where is your unified experience I am breaking?

Just take a look on the first thing we see when opening the IDE (that fuzziness is the new 1.0 icon):

No one can help what the native platform does by itself. Deliberate fragmentation is a different thing altogether.

come on now

these fixes to the arduino system are great, and long over due.
the way problems have been on the forum for years and not acted upon is very depressing,

hopefully, now its September the italains are back from the august break, and we might get some fix's.
till then , at least we have some one who can support us, and all power to them.

now if we could only get rid of the warnings generated from the standard libraries, like tone,
and hardware serial,

not that this can be done here, it has / should be by the developers, but again the bugs have been highlighted for years, and not fixed..

I downloaded the "AER" last night and took a look at it. I think it is nice and I am glad that you are sharing your efforts with us.

As far as fragmentation is concerned, I think you are fine as long as you make it clear to the users that this is a custom Arduino program as opposed to the program provided by the Arduino company. If you consider we have plug-in for Eclipse, and other IDE's, there are other branches of Arduino IDE already out there.