Proto Shield v.4

OK i have these shields in stock, and I'm wondering if there are assembly instructions anywhere
it wasnt hard to figure out but it seems odd that the +5V line is right above (nay, on top of!) the USB connector which is grounded. sure you can put tape on but then you cant solder to the points.

http://www.adafruit.com/images/large/protoshieldon_LRG.jpg shows what i did.

im a bit confused :?

hey

I don't think there's actually an assembly file anywhere. I know someone wrote one for the Sparkfun model.

Re the shorting issue I though that should be fixed too. try these files, although I would leave out the breadboard-style pin connections on the bottom layer, as they turned out to be a pain for point-to-point wiring.

D

According to Gianluca, one solution is to use longer than normal pins so the 5V holes have some distance from the USB connector. Otherwise, I think electrical tape is the way to go.

hey

I don't think there's actually an assembly file anywhere. I know someone wrote one for the Sparkfun model.

Re the shorting issue I though that should be fixed too. try these files, although I would leave out the breadboard-style pin connections on the bottom layer, as they turned out to be a pain for point-to-point wiring.

yah i was thinking of making something like that ill probably fork off that design and make a couple to try out.

i had an old PCB design that looks like this

are you suggesting that only the bottom has the 5-strip and the top has just circles? im not sure...

hi

yes I would change the design on my files to eliminate the breadboard-style connections on the bottom layer between the vias, and just use regular vias for the holes. I thought the breadboard-style vias would be useful, but prototyping point-to-point stuff, especially analog, becomes a lot more limiting as you have to follow the lines, so you run out of space pretty quickly. Everything else turned out O-K.

D