Arduino/Processing/Kinect via Serial Communication

Hi!

For my master finals I am planning to make some kind of interactive sculptures. One of them is supposed to work with the kinect sensor using the body movements to manipulate the sculpture. I have been trying some examples that I found in some books and I found one in particular that could be adapted to my work. The example I am attaching is from the chapter 6 in the book "Arduino & Kinect Projects" from Enrique Ramos Melgar and Ciriaco Castro Diez.

It is a puppet that can be manipulated via internet with the kinect sending signal through Arduino to the servos attached to each joint .
My question might be quite stupid but I have no idea how to do this and have tried everything I could. I just want it to do the same but over serial communication and not over a server/client. That the user stands in front of the sculpture and the servos move with their body movement in front of them and not somewhere else.

Could any of you help me with this?

_2_Angle_Calculation.pde (6.02 KB)

_6_KinectWebPuppet_Control.ino (2.68 KB)

My question might be quite stupid but I have no idea how to do this and have tried everything I could. I just want it to do the same but over serial communication and not over a server/client.

That isn't a question. That is a statement.

The ino file you posted gets data from the serial port. I don't understand what the problem is.

Kinect Projects

You need to provide links to this so it is known what kinect is.

PaulS:
That isn't a question. That is a statement.

The ino file you posted gets data from the serial port. I don't understand what the problem is.

I am sorry if I was not clear enough.

I need to make this .ino file talk to the processing file to be interpreted by the Kinect Sensor. In the book I mentioned the example is made through network communication which I want to omit and just do it by normal serial communication. And that is what I don't know how to do.

Here is a link to the book and if you look for chapter 6 maybe you can understand better what I mean.
http://www.slideshare.net/lujomiOtakuShairen/arduino-and-kinect-projects-42068493

zoomkat:
You need to provide links to this so it is known what kinect is.

I am sorry, here is the link to the book I am talking about. The example I am trying to use is the one in Chapter 6
http://www.slideshare.net/lujomiOtakuShairen/arduino-and-kinect-projects-42068493

I need to make this .ino file talk to the processing file to be interpreted by the Kinect Sensor.

The Arduino talks to a COM port. The Processing file is executed, and needs to listen to the port that the Arduino is talking to.

I really don't understand how the Kinect Sensor is going to interpret the data.