Building a CAN API for Arduino DUE

I wanted to show, briefly, how I started building my second DIY pseudo CAN shield. I decided to use two SN65HVD235 transceivers in order to compare them with the two SN65HVD234 I used in my first shield. For these 235s I also used a different SchmartBoard: The model 206-0004-01, and instead of keep it intact, I did cut it. Here a picture of the two 235s soldered in the SchmartBoard, with pin headers and a pinout.

*WARNING: This pinout corresponds to the SN65HVD234 transceivers. Not the 235 ones

I wanted to present it here, for those that have not started yet their shield, as an example to be followed using the previous schematic I published in this post. Even thou 234 and 235 transceivers are very similar, differ in the pin 5. For the 234 this pin corresponds to EN (enable) for an ultralow-current (50-nA) sleep mode and for the 235 this pin 5 corresponds to AB that implements a bus listen-only loopback which allows baud rate synchronization.

Notice that this second CAN shield, more than a shield, will work as a side car (alone or inserted in a bread board) unlike the first one which is a true shield. I made it that way to avoid soldering work. I hope to be uploading more pictures of my progress with it.