My Arduino Web Server v2.0

I like the box, can you say a few words on how you made it?

The Arduino:
and a number (seen at bottom of the page) increments up on an LCD

I thought about it...

Then read...

The Arduino:
(Don't abuse it)

and refrained.

Very neat :slight_smile:

martin_bg:
I like the box, can you say a few words on how you made it?

Ah yes,
The box was originally a '2 Port Data Switch Box for Parallel Printer Ports'. Here is what they look like.

After being gutted, I marked a spot for the LCD and then spent some time with my Dremel followed by some careful filing. I then drilled some simple holes for the LEDs and switch. The SD card slot was a later edition, that was just some basic Dremel work too. As for the rear face, the original holes where the parallel ports were fitted were used to my advantage and some minor cuts were made to easily fit in the Arduino and shield. After all holes were cut and drilled, I used some 150 grit sand paper to remove the yellow-ish oxidized paint and make the proper brushed texture. Also, the rings around the LEDs are some fancy washers things I had.

As for the inside, its mostly held in place with plastic standoffs and glue.

Kaouthia:

The Arduino:
and a number (seen at bottom of the page) increments up on an LCD

I thought about it...

Then read...

The Arduino:
(Don't abuse it)

and refrained.

Very neat :slight_smile:

Actually, I would LOL. I wouldn't mind it really, unless someone starts going all ]:smiley: ]:smiley: ]:smiley: with it.

Well I get the connection terminated too after it seems to start loading so whats causing that ?

tytower:
Well I get the connection terminated too after it seems to start loading so whats causing that ?

Ok, I just changed something in the code that might help. Can you, or someone else who previously had the same problem, please try again and tell me what happens?

Do you think t could support video streaming even with some bad qulity video?

How does the comment thing works? You don't have any php or sql working with the Arduino so i don't see how it could work...

Looks like a 3rd party service. :slight_smile:

But, you wouldn't need PHP & MySQL. He could've (assuming the Arduino can handle it) written something to receive the comments, store them on an SD card, and play them back when the page is loaded. He didn't, but could've. :slight_smile:

Celteek:
Do you think t could support video streaming even with some bad qulity video?

How does the comment thing works? You don't have any php or sql working with the Arduino so i don't see how it could work...

Streaming video? I've tried it, and it works, but it takes forever to load, even with the lowest bitrate. Same with audio too.

The comment thing is run third party from htmlcommentbox.com I dont fully know PHP and MySQL (yet).

physics-dude:

tytower:

Ok, I just changed something in the code that might help. Can you, or someone else who previously had the same problem, please try again and tell me what happens?

Still have problems: Website loads for a few seconds ( also shows parts of the site), and then firefox shows "connection lost".

Still have problems: Website loads for a few seconds ( also shows parts of the site), and then firefox shows "connection lost".

Sorry, but I have tried multiple Internet Providers on multiple browsers, and never have I been able to recreate or find any problems. If anyone has a possible solution, please tell.

Yeah, I had that too, when I was visiting my grandparents... It would load fully, and as soon as it was there, it would tell me "unable to establish connection" or something like that... my guess is, that my grandparents and MichaelP08's providers have some security feature that your server doesnt pass...

but... to be honest, I really dont know anything about these things... I will check it out when I visit my grandparents again though... If you are interested in solving the problem (if us two are the only ones who ever had issues, it really doesnt seem that pressing...) and if there is something specific I can check, tell me and I will try that next tim I have the opportunity.

hmm my provider is t-com germany. what browser do your grandparents have? i always get the error @ firefox 3.6

its not a browser issue. well, probably not.
i have firefox 3.6 as well, and it works perfectly fine.

i used the same laptopt, same browser etc. at my grandparents - same error, you had. I tried different browser, same error.

btw@physicsdude. I am in no way trying to diminish the coolness of your project - I find it your webserver awesome... I feel a bit bad that all the discussion in this thread has settled down to be about an odd bug... I guess its just human nature that instead of pointing out all the things that work, talking about something that doesnt work seems to be more interesting.

btw@physicsdude. I am in no way trying to diminish the coolness of your project - I find it your webserver awesome... I feel a bit bad that all the discussion in this thread has settled down to be about an odd bug... I guess its just human nature that instead of pointing out all the things that work, talking about something that doesnt work seems to be more interesting.

I understand and I'm fine with it. I just wish I had a soulition.

Try using a different browser - I usually use Firefox on Linux and was getting "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Just downloaded Chromium and the page loads fine! :slight_smile: Seems like a Firefox problem.

Ok, a new update is out.
By somewhat popular demand, I have added a feature where the server now outputs sensor data (with a photocell)!! XD

Imusing Firefox 3.6.10
This time it loadedpartof the page and hung on "About server line"
Second time it got through and lost connection
Third it hung again
I have a screenshot of it and will try to attach it here

Just plain awesome!

Congratulations physics-dude, and thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Wow, very cool 8)
I might think about to build one for myself to have access to my data when I am not at home.
How about to use it as an download server (i mean just some sketches, nothing very big)

BTW, I am using Firefox 4.0 and the page is working fine. Just "About The Server" page is blank gray but no error message. (just fixed this since i blocked scripts :smiley: :blush: