'One Student One Arduino' Project

Hello Everyone,

My name is Babasile Daniel. I am the initiator of the GreenLab Microfactory, the first FabLab in Nigeria. The reason for posting this thread is to inform you all of the innovative project we embarked on. The project is called 'One Student One Arduino' project.

The aim of the project is to provide a personal Arduino starter kit to 100 young Nigerian students, with the sole purpose of spurring grassroots innovations in the country.

We have launched a fundraising campaign on: One Student One Arduino Project, organized by Babasile Daniel

Kindly support this innovative project by donating any amount of money, or by donating Arduino starter kit(s), as well as by sharing the information on your social media.

Thank you for your support

Babadile Daniel
www.greenlab-microfactory.org

User name of " 'shill' out" would lend credence to that.

"Urban Dictionary: shill
The shill attempts to spread buzz by personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services ..."

"Shill - Wikipedia
A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization."

"whatis.techtarget.com › Topics › Consumer Tech › Internet acronyms and lingo
An Internet shill is someone who promotes something or someone online for pay without divulging that they are associated with the entity they shill for. A shill ..."

I am tempted to ban for spammimg.

CrossRoads:

Perhaps delete all but the first line of the Original Post (i.e. to remove the links) and lock the Thread - which gives the OP a chance to complain if he is legit.

...R

Legal charity collectors in the US can keep as much as 95% of what they collect tax free while giving 5% to the ones the money is supposed to be collected for. The only bigger scam I can think of is religion.

Maybe the Nigerian Prince who wants me to make it easy to get into my bank account to deposit a few million can use the OP's bank account instead.

travis_farmer:
smells like a scam...

~Travis

Hello Travis,

Thank you for your message and for the vote of confidence. FYI this is not a scam, learn to give people a benefit of a doubt. Not everyone is about that life of taking what does not belong to them. if you need more information just ask.

Thank you

CrossRoads:
User name of " 'shill' out" would lend credence to that.

"Urban Dictionary: shill
The shill attempts to spread buzz by personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services ..."

"Shill - Wikipedia
A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization."

"whatis.techtarget.com › Topics › Consumer Tech › Internet acronyms and lingo
An Internet shill is someone who promotes something or someone online for pay without divulging that they are associated with the entity they shill for. A shill ..."

Hello Crossroads,

How on earth does a username prove the credibility of a person. I don't know whether you can see my real name on the profile. Please let's learn to give people a benefit of a doubt. My email address is babasile.daniel@greenlab-microfactory, if you have any question with regards to my person please contact me.

Thank you.

GoForSmoke:
Legal charity collectors in the US can keep as much as 95% of what they collect tax free while giving 5% to the ones the money is supposed to be collected for. The only bigger scam I can think of is religion.

Maybe the Nigerian Prince who wants me to make it easy to get into my bank account to deposit a few million can use the OP's bank account instead.

Hello GoForSmoke,

With all due respect, your post is really disgraceful and shameful. Why on earth don't you just ask for clarification before making such claims. Why bring my country (Nigeria) into this conversation. Where is the collaborative spirit, where is the Do-it-together spirit?

All the same thanks so much for the message.

@shillout, you may indeed be legitimate but it has taken over a month for you to respond to the other comments and while you have complained about them you have not offered any evidence to offset our doubts. You must be aware that the internet is awash (or used to be) with scams originating from Nigeria.

My doubts remain.

...R

With the name Shillout I get to have my doubts about money collected for charity by people I don't know ANYWHERE.

I give to people I know who need help, wish I had more but I retain the right to remain skeptical in the face of flimsy claims.

Robin2:
@shillout, you may indeed be legitimate but it has taken over a month for you to respond to the other comments and while you have complained about them you have not offered any evidence to offset our doubts. You must be aware that the internet is awash (or used to be) with scams originating from Nigeria.

My doubts remain.

...R

Dear Robin,

Thank you very much for your message. I as a person know the battle I am fighting as a Nigerian and all the stigmas attached to the supposed Nigerian scam. This is one of the reasons why I embarked on the project to create something for the younger Nigerian generations.

My delayed response was due to the complexities of my PhD project.

I really appreciate your message though.

GoForSmoke:
With the name Shillout I get to have my doubts about money collected for charity by people I don't know ANYWHERE.

I give to people I know who need help, wish I had more but I retain the right to remain skeptical in the face of flimsy claims.

Dear GoForSmoke,

You are most definitely right and well justified to act based on your intuition. All the same thank you for your comments.

shillout:
I really appreciate your message though.

But not enough to provide any evidence in support of your bona fides ?

...R

Robin2:
But not enough to provide any evidence in support of your bona fides ?

...R

How else could I authenticate or legitimize myself or the project? Kindly enlighten me. My web address is www.greenlab-microfactory.org, and we are registered on the global FabLab network. If you search the keyword 'One Student One Arduino' on the web you should find more information to approve or disapprove the project.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks

take a picture of yourself dancing in the wild with nothing but an arduino micro covering your nether regions... then, i shall believe you.

Qdeathstar:
take a picture of yourself dancing in the wild with nothing but an arduino micro covering your nether regions... then, i shall believe you.

In the event that the OP is genuine that is not a nice suggestion.

And it would prove nothing.

...R

Well, after a lengthy delay, I was able to look at the gofundme website (which was blocked for access for me by my work network), which looks legit, and where shillout has raised funds so far.

shillout, I do wish you the best in your campaign.

550 € of 8 000 € goal

Well, more doubts rise.

If you are in Nigeria, then why do you use a German mobile phone as contact number, and why is your site registered by German 1&1 ?

It would prove he was committed, legally or otherwise.

If you are in Nigeria, then why do you use a German mobile phone as contact number, and why is your site registered by German 1&1 ?

The website does not hide the German connection it gives a contact address in Hamburg. Babasile Daniel Oladele-Emmanuel can be found in Linkedin. Looking at the website and the photos and reports it contains it seems clear to me this is a genuine fundraising attempt by a real person who has been working in Nigeria teaching a range of people, mainly children, about new technology. It looks like they had a good time working with a 3D printer and building a solar panel from scratch.

http://www.greenlab-microfactory.org/events-and-publications/

The huge number of scams that originate from Nigeria obviously don't help their cause.
Now I am starting to get pestered by relatives of Colonel Gaddafi in Lybia wanting me to help move their money about.

This reminds me that I am owed a cool beer under an Acacia tree, for help I once gave over the Internet, should I ever visit Nairobi in Kenya.

Fool you once shame on you, fool you twice you are a fool.