upgrade firmware openwrt arduino yun rev2

Let me start that while I have experience with the original Yun, I have no personal experience with the Yun Rev 2.

JustVince:
I also consider that, like me, you followed very carefully the instructions given on this page:
A link will take you to the download page of "Arduino Yun Linux openWrt 1.5.3 UpGrade image".

This is an older page, and I think it is only intended for the original Yun. The page was created before the introduction of the Yun Rev 2, and I would guess that is why there is no mention of Rev 2 on that page.

I do not believe that this revision 1.5.3 is intended for the Rev 2, and you may have issues if you try to install it on a Rev 2. At least, I recall seeing posts from people who did run into problems doing so.

By cons, I read correctly, the subject is the "Yun rev 2" and there arduino site does not offer a different binary ?! nor does it mention otherwise to its use on a rev 2 which is already ambiguous.

I agree, there appears to be a decided lack of documentation that is specific to the Yun Rev 2. While it is clear to me that there are some potentially significant differences, I don't see any documentation that outlines those differences.

But since Rev 2 comes with OpenWrt / LEDE 17.x.x, it seems more consistent to use the Table of Hardware on the OpenWrt website:

I wouldn't necessarily recommend that. There is much more to the Yun's Linux side than a generic OpenWRT image. There are some significant additions to OpenWRT to allow it to integrate with the Arduino side of the Yun. Using a generic OpenWRT build, you are going to lose:

• The initial configuration page when you use a web browser to access your Yun (includes the network setup and load sketch functions)
  • The ability to load sketches over the network (this requires the software to communicate with the IDE, plus a copy of the bootloader stored on the Linux side, and the scripts to combine the downloaded sketch with the bootloader, and program it onto the '32U4 processor.)
  • All of the Linux side software to manage Bridge communications (Bridge get/put, Process class, FileIO class, etc.)
  • All of the custom configuration to manage web access (REST API, remote Bridge get/put, simple web page serving from the SD card, etc.)
  • Management of the "WLAN RST" button (short press for network reset, long press for return to defaults)
  • And probably much more that, which I'm not thinking of at the moment

In other words, while a Yun can act as a wireless router, and a generic OpenWRT build will still allow it to run as a wireless router, using a generic build will prevent use of the Yun as a Yun - a Linux processor combined with an Arduino processor with the software to make them interact as a unified system.

Incidentally, I recommend "strongly" to download the YunSerialTerminal in the arduino, before any operation! And display it in the foreground to monitor boot messages!

I complete agree!

Unfortunately, this version does not work with the sketch "Yun Serial Terminal" and the boot is therefore silent.

It could be some difference in the configuration of the UART, my guess is that the baud rate is different. Whatever the difference, it's clearly one of the differences between the original Yun build of OpenWRT and the generic build.

Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.

Do you have the date/time on the Yun set correctly? Strange as it may seem (especially given the error message) having the date/time wrong can cause this error.