Go Down

Topic: Change frequencies by arduino (Read 551 times) previous topic - next topic

allanhurst

The video showa a breakout board purchased from ebay  - so you don't need to mount the chip .

It provides 0..31.5dB attenuation in 64 0.5dB steps  .

It requires a 3-v logic interface, so you'd either need a 3.3v arduino - eg a due , or a simple 5-3.3v conversion interface to use with a 5v arduino. This can be done with a few resistors.

Note : this device does not alter frequencies.

Allan

avibd

The package is a QFN package (look it up, that's what google is for!).  This is extremely small, cannot
be soldered by hand (except by some crazily skilled folks!), requires a PCB to be made with solder-mask,
then solder paste applied with a stencil, then the device accurately placed on the paste and the board
heated in an oven or with a hot-air rework station.

In otherwords you will require it on a break-out board, unless you have good surface-mount soldering
skills.

But its a 3V only chip, so if you are using a 5V Arduino you'd be better off with a 5V compatible chip
so you don't need level-shifters.  Alternatively use a 3.3V Arduino to talk to it.
I buy breakout board like this but PE4312C instead of pe4302
https://www.amazon.com/Qianson-DC-4GHz-Attenuator-Linearity-0-5dB-31-5dB/dp/B01ILU52OO

datasheet pe4312c:

http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/929247/PSEMI/PE4312C-Z/152/1/PE4312C-Z.html

avibd

The video showa a breakout board purchased from ebay  - so you don't need to mount the chip .

It provides 0..31.5dB attenuation in 64 0.5dB steps  .

It requires a 3-v logic interface, so you'd either need a 3.3v arduino - eg a due , or a simple 5-3.3v conversion interface to use with a 5v arduino. This can be done with a few resistors.

Note : this device does not alter frequencies.

Allan
I search for breakout board with this component
http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/929247/PSEMI/PE4312C-Z/152/1/PE4312C-Z.html

allanhurst

The pe4312 seems to be a slightly higher performance version  of the PE4302.

It's range is 1MHz .. 4GHz.

It requires a 1.8 to 3.6v logic drive.

It does NOT alter the frequency, only it's amplitude.

So how else could we help you?

Allan

avibd

The pe4312 seems to be a slightly higher performance version  of the PE4302.

It's range is 1MHz .. 4GHz.

It requires a 1.8 to 3.6v logic drive.

It does NOT alter the frequency, only it's amplitude.

So how else could we help you?

Allan
I have one more question
in pe4302 breakout board written that the range is: "DC-4GHz"

what does "DC" mean?

allanhurst

DC = direct curent ie a frequency of 0Hz.

Their claim is innaccurate, as I pointed out, as the chip only claims to go down to 1MHz

Allan.

MarkT

I have one more question
in pe4302 breakout board written that the range is: "DC-4GHz"

what does "DC" mean?
I am worried about your lack of knowledge of the _most_ _most_ basic terminology - please
explain exactly what you are trying to do, ie what end result you want to achieve, I have
a worry that you are completely confused about frequency, amplitude, signal processing in
general.   Don't say _how_ you think the result should be achieved, say _what_ result you want.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

avibd

I am worried about your lack of knowledge of the _most_ _most_ basic terminology - please
explain exactly what you are trying to do, ie what end result you want to achieve, I have
a worry that you are completely confused about frequency, amplitude, signal processing in
general.   Don't say _how_ you think the result should be achieved, say _what_ result you want.
I thought so but I was not sure

Get basic knowledge of software electronics a little less

And unfortunately for the project I'm doing I'm not sure how much I can tell for several reasons

allanhurst

In which case there's a limit to how much we can help you.

Learn a lot of electronics, or ask someone knowledgable you can trust.

Allan

Go Up