Mini Square Display

I'm making a really big led display. I've tried with a lot of varius Leds, the problem is that I'm not able to create colors like Brown or Grey. Is there something like a mini square display that can display only one color?. I don't care about the size as long as it is from 2cm to 6cm.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Like this?
3.2cm x 3.2cm

Can I do colors like brown or grey with it?
Also I'd prefer a single light source and not various leds. I have to cover a 1x1m plane with 10x10cm pixels. I need a way to make this pixels so that they can display every colors.

Hi, I suggest you look at ws2812b leds. These are RGB type leds also called "neopixels". They are small but they are bright, so you will have to find a way to make boxes for each one to diffuse the light into a square of the size you need.

Neopixels can create many colours. However, you need to understand that some colours are only perceived by the eye and brain when seen against a background of other colours. This is true of colours like grey and brown.

Paul

Ok, but, I still don't understand how to get grey and brown. The Led should swith beetwen Grey and Red every 1 sec. Is there any tutorial online, I can't seem to find any.

Have a look at this page. It will help you find the red, green & blue numbers for grey & brown. Then you can set a neopixel to that color using those numbers.

achillemerendino:
Ok, but, I still don't understand how to get grey and brown. The Led should swith beetwen Grey and Red every 1 sec. Is there any tutorial online, I can't seem to find any.

Brown is an almost impossible colour to generate with LEDs.
The problem is that your perception of a colour depends on the background colour. The same goes for grey you tend to see it as not so bright white when seen in isolation.

So the trick is to control the background colour as well as the forground colour.

I got round this problem by using a OLED display in place of a normal LED.