How to change 5 DC volts from Arduino into +/- 5 volts

Hi everyone:
I would like to ask you how is it possible to change the output voltage from arduino (5 DCV) into a +/- 5 DCV?
Thank you for your help.

You can use a DC-to-DC converter to convert between almost any two DC voltages.

The TI PT5022 can produce -5V from +4.75V to +7V

Datasheet: Buck-boost & inverting modules (integrated inductor) product selection | TI.com

Note that the MINIMUM current output is 1/4 Amp.

Thank you for your response. So, the problem I have is as follows.
I have an input voltage, for example 5 DCV, which will be applied for 2 minutes. So I would like to obtain an output voltage oscillating between -5 and +5 volts. How can I get that ? is it possible ?
I have no experience with electronics, but I need to do that for my school project.
Thank you.

I think you will have to be way more specific than "oscillating". What frequency? What waveform?

Hello my friend:
So the waveform can be for example v=5sin(2pifrequency), frequency=3Hz.
Using arduino is I think impossible to get an oscillating voltage between +/- 5 volts. Because the arduino output voltage is from 0 to 5 volts.
Any data acquisition card has that possibility but is veeery expensive. I can't pay that :frowning:
How can I resolve my problem using arduino?
or there is not solution?
thank you for your help my friend.

You could use two pins to get a +/-5V signal:

For values > 0 set the positive pin HIGH and the negative pin LOW.

For values < 0 set the positive pin LOW and the negative pin HIGH.

Note that Arduino doesn't have a D/A converter. You will have to use PWM and a low-pass filter to emulate an analog output. Alternatively you could use an external D/A converter.

You should probably use a look-up table for the sine wave.

Hi my friend:
what do you mean by negative pin ? is it GND ? , I have tried tuning a negative value for analogWrite --- PWM pin 9; but it just can send a maximum voltage around 4.96 volts. In other words, It is not possible to get a negative voltage directly from arduino. I think it is necessary to design an external circuit to obtain that value. But I have no idea about how to do it.
Waiting for responses :smiley:
thanks for your help :slight_smile:

zaciatok:
what do you mean by negative pin ? is it GND ?

Pick any PWM output pin for the negative pin.

Pick any other PWM output pin for the positive pin.

You could probably devise a circuit using an opamp with a positive and negative supply and then use the arduino to apply simulated sine waves to the positive and negative inputs alternately.