DF Player my sound is very quiet

My sound is recorded in stereo.
This is necessary because one file is used for lights with left channel and right channel for the sound. The two other files are only with sound in right channel.
The connections are like on the schedule.

The speaker is 8 ohm 3W, tested with 4 ohm 3W gives the same problem.
VCC is 5V 3A
To hear anything I need the speaker against my ear, increase "#define BASE_VOLUME 15 " to "30"does not help.
Change the settings with SPK_1 and SPK_2 same result.
All other features work right.

Like solution, but no to technical explanations please.

I can't tell you for sure since I never had dfplayer to work with, but I think your speaker is just to weak. I read somwhere in the arduino forum that you should never connect a 8 ohm speaker to it.
Once i had the same problem but not with dfplayer. I also connected an 8 ohm speaker but couldn't get it to work properly. Try to take a better speaker. Normal little stereo music boxes work great for this. I used my JBL go box for it with a simple aux-cable and I got it to work with clean sound.

On your schematic you have connected the speaker to DAC, which is designed to be used with an amplifier or earphones. The speaker L & R can be connected directly to a speaker.

SchnoppDog:
but I think your speaker is just to weak.

No, it is simply that the signal the DF player puts out is too small to drive the speaker hard enough.

Like solution, but no to technical explanations please.

Get an amplifier. But as you don't want to actually learn stuff forget what I told SchnoppDog.

Grumpy_Mike:
No, it is simply that the signal the DF player puts out is too small to drive the speaker hard enough.
Get an amplifier. But as you don't want to actually learn stuff forget what I told SchnoppDog.

This is existing on a pcb or something that I can make?

With "no technical explanations" I mean that I do not understand enough from technical explanations.
But I understand enough make sommething from a schedule.

I suppose you meant what is on these pictures.

PAM8403 Mini Stereo Amp.jpg

Yes, something like that, but I do not have any experience using those exact boards.

But as you don't want to actually learn stuff forget what I told SchnoppDog

wohoo hold on. Sorry to stick my nose in it, but isn't your assumption of me not wanting to learn anything a bit rude? I just told a solution which was helping in my case.

Yes, I got one of those with the volume knob to try with some of those little 3W speakers.

But I have also been soldering onto my PCB 3.5mm stereo jack socket so I can plug in ear phones or plug in other larger amplifiers and speakers for better sound quality.

SchnoppDog:
wohoo hold on. Sorry to stick my nose in it, but isn't your assumption of me not wanting to learn anything a bit rude? I just told a solution which was helping in my case.

No you read that wrong. My comments were not aimed at you but to the OP.

But as you don't want to actually learn stuff forget what I told SchnoppDog

Is not the same as

But as you don't want to actually learn stuff forget what I told you SchnoppDog

Which would have been addressed to you.

SchnoppDog:
I can't tell you for sure since I never had dfplayer to work with, ....

Than

SchnoppDog:

Sorry, think you reads best first for you writes something .

:wink:
Grupy_Mike, thank you very much for your good advice. Only now I see that there are on the original schedule from one maker that it says "used an amplified speaker".

At the second in his schedule is not indicated, but in re-reading his tekst is there anywhere "a speaker from 8 ohm 0.5 W. This accidentally overlooked.

With data from a third party, with my custom code that I use, there was nothing of data or schema. But I get a mail that he is also a speaker of 8 ohm 0.5 W has used.

Hachey, also thanks to you, for a proper response.
So my solution is near, last night have done the following:
Have ordered amplifiers both photos and also speakers from 8 Ohms 0.5 w. In this way I can use all speakers that I have in other projects.

Case closed for me.

its not schedule... I think you mean 'schematic'...

As pointed out..

Dont use the DAC pins..

Use the SPK pins..

The DFPlayer already has an amplifier on-board... and its pretty loud/decent.. you need more or something?