"unknown protocol: c" on IDE Startup

Hi,

I have started receiving the following warning in the IDE on startup or selection of an example sketch for instance. "unknown protocol: c"

It does not appear to affect the code, the IDE or the compiled and uploaded sketch. It also only appears once when the IDE opens.

As I do not like "the unexplained" has anyone any idea what it is and how to resolve it?

Thanks and kind regards,
jB :sunglasses:

Where do you see this message?

Is that the full message? If not, then post everything.

Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

Found this thread searching for the exact same thing. And this seems to be the only relevant result when googling this issue.

The message is "unknown protocol: c", and it appears in the output part of the IDE (black frame under the code editor), with red text.
It shows after sketches are loaded in the IDE. Not after compiling or uploading the sketch.

Everything seems to be working, but it gives me a bad felling not knowing what this means...

Any one have any idea?

Please do this:

• File > Preferences
  • Click on the "Additional Boards Manager URLs" input field.
  • Press Ctrl + A. This will select all the text in the input field.
  • Press Ctrl + C. This will copy the selected text to the clipboard.
  • Paste the copied text in a reply here.

I have this trouble too.
Britesc, If you had fix this now please tell me how.

Thanks

====PROBLEM SOLVED======

The problem was in additional board manager URL.

VS code arduino extension had added the sketch book location to additional board manager URL because the arduino.additionalUrls property in settings.json file of VS code had set to my sketchbook location. But actually I didn't set it to that location with my concern. However I empty the arduino.additionalUrls property in settings.json file of VS code and removed that folder path from arduino IDE preferences. Then problem solved.

Thanks Community

ChamodAbeywickrama:
I have this trouble too.
Britesc, If you had fix this now please tell me how.

Thanks

Don't you like the answers in the thread that you started?

And you could have had the decency to at least provide the details that pert requested in reply #3.

sterretje:
Don't you like the answers in the thread that you started?

And you could have had the decency to at least provide the details that pert requested in reply #3.

Oh. Actually I'm new to arduino forum. I have made that question without checking answers in my thread.

Thank you for reminding.