Creating a fast (9V) phone charger with arduino?

Has anyone from the arduino community looked into creating a fast phone charger, for example for any of these phones: Phones with quick charge: the fastest charging from 0 to 100% (2016 edition) - PhoneArena

As I understand it the charger and the phone need to communicate before the voltage is upped from 5V to 9V, I'm mostly interested in this communication:

Firstly (I can always hope :wink: ) has anyone already done this and written up a library for it?

What protocols are used or how are these found?

Is it the same for each phone type, will any library need to be updated for every new phone on the market?

Any rumours of other changes to charging protocols that are planned, for future proofing any project in this (even higher voltages maybe?)

Cheers,
Woody

All the important charging circuitry is in the phone, and of course it is designed for the charger (the power source) that comes with the phone.

There is nothing for an Arduino to do.

I'm looking to create the part that usually goes in the wall... the thing for the arduino to do is communicate with the phone and change the voltage of the charging pins.

The idea is to build a charge port that can handle all possible phones/tablets etc charging at their full speed.

Just what every Arduino experimenter needs!

So here's an update answering some of my earlier questions. I've also found out that they are not limited to 9V as I thought in the title, but 20V (in theory). I don't know if there are any devices actually using the full 20V range yet.

There are two standards, Qualcom quick charge and USB-PD, see article for hints about their futures: Google to OEMs: Don’t use Qualcomm Quick Charge; USB-PD is the future | Ars Technica

The Qualcom chargers have a dedicated chip which does everything, the NCP4371, to get arduino control of the charging process I'm guessing it would probably be easier to use this chip and then control/measure the behaviour of the NCP4371 rather than do it all with an arduino. http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/NCP4371-D.PDF

It is a similar situation for the USB-PD standard with the tps65982 chip http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps65982.pdf video explanation USB Type-C and USB Power Delivery: TPS65982-EVM - YouTube

I want to be able to monitor and control when the fast charging is active with the arduino, and also if possible have one usb port with both options available. I'm assuming they wont play nice together so time to read through those datasheets and work out what is possible