There needs to be a MKR1000-B

My new favorite Arduino is the MKR1000.

That said, I would like to add just three small details for a future version to make it the perfect Arduino;

• Read it's own battery level
  • A connector like on the Feather boards to add an external power switch
  • Software reset function

The MKR1000-B will rock! With the ability to read it's own battery level it can tell you before it dies. The external power switch is cool because you can actually turn it off from a switch on the outside of your 3d printed case with a battery still connected AND still charge it even when off. Of course the software device reset would be great for configuration where you can remote reset the device after changes.

Anyways, I was thinking about this tonight while building a network of little MKR1000s around the house. Probably the most feature rich Arduino available. Certainly my first choice now.

I tend to agree with your thoughts but would love to see it include an SD slot.

The MKR does already have the ability for a software reset BTW including a "Kamikaze" function if you read the spec sheets for the processor.

External power switches are an easy addition to any source of board so I am not sure it would be needed.

MKR zero can read a battery level so yes it would be nice but again a couple of components external will let you do that too.

If someone makes a MKR1000-B it should also include the Atmel EDBG chip. And of course the Arduino IDE should support stepping and debugging.

However, the beauty of Open Source is that such a board could be derived from the existing files and made even in small quantities.

For software reset :

NVIC_SystemReset();