It does not work powered by 2xAA batteries

I connect to the USB port and everything is fine. In the same place, I fed it with batteries but it is not transmitted to the gateway. Measured 3.2 V.

Any ideas??

Same here. Seems like we cannot boot it up via the batteries but I could not find any details on that

On the other hand I powered it on via usb, while the batteries were connected to the screw teminal and when I removed the usb cable the system was functioning. But I only had it like this for 1 minute so I am not sure if this is the way to work with batteries and this model.

I am a bit surprised because this is not mentioned in the documentation

Quite a late reply, but I can run all of my MKRWAN 1300 with a set of AA Batteries.
The devices are booting up and sending LoRa messages, even when a GPS is connected.

Maybe it's the type of battery you are using and their power is slightly to low.

As a beginner on Arduino I had the same issue.

• running the board on USB worked
  • happily unplugging it and starting it powered by batteries not

The simple reason was: I did not disable the Serial in the sketch
Serial.begin(9600);
while (!Serial);

So instead of starting it was waiting to get the connection ....

Commenting those lines and reloading the sketch made it work with batteries as well.

thisismexx:
The simple reason was: I did not disable the Serial in the sketch
Serial.begin(9600);
while (!Serial);

So instead of starting it was waiting to get the connection ....

Commenting those lines and reloading the sketch made it work with batteries as well.

One common way to avoid this behaviour, having the same code functioning with and without USB, is:

Serial.begin(9600);
while (!Serial && millis() < 10000);

So, after 10 seconds, if no serial you go anyway :slight_smile: (and you can forget to comment at every debug cycle).