[Q] Need help with interfacing Arduino, Amazon Alexa echo

I'm a complete newbie to most coding and arduino. I've done basic projects like controlled angular rotation of a stepper motor, led pulse width modulated blinking, etc.

But now I want Alexa Echo dot to interface an Arduino Uno board with the lights and ceiling fan of my house (switching on and off) to take verbal commands and trigger the switch. Anybody can help me with this?

I'm a complete n00b with this, but I have an Electrical Engineering degree so I know how fans and lights are connected to the MAINS and the MCB board. Just need help with the interfacing and how do I connect the Arduino to the swicth.

Not in this universe. :grin:

This would be quite difficult very difficult, maybe impossible, with an Arduino and most likely unsafe.

Suggest you look at Insteon products (certified electrical products) to operate lights and fans etc.

Then get an ISY (Universal Devices) controller to operate the Insteon elements.

https://www.aartech.ca/isy994izw-plus-irpro-insteon-zwave-automation-controller?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy-7azPrV4wIVBNNkCh09vglbEAQYAiABEgLgRfD_BwE

Very easy to use an Alexa to send commands to the ISY controller (will need UD’s port module).