touble calibrating

"To check the stepper driver Vref, adjust the Vref with the following values: X0.4 Y0.4 Z0.4 E0.5 and adjust the potentiometers with a small screwdriver."

0.4 what? Volts? millivolts? Amps?

I went with .4V, that was closest to what the meter read.

Now when I turn it on, and go to Autohome, all the motors work but the X axis comes to the front of the machine and doesn't turn off; it just runs and grinds the belt I was able to work around the hardware issues I think, but this is a full stop. I can't think of anything.

Sounds like you X-axis is hooked up backwards. The purple wire has to be on the left (going by the pictures in the manual). The text for Figure 3 in Chapter 8 says, "we connect all three of them, paying close attention to the orientation. If not connected like in the picture, the motors will run backwards"

Good luck!

In the "Home" position, should all 3 axis' be against the endstops? I have everything wired as in the manual, but there are several places where it doesn't seem correct. I tried to Autohome again and let it run rather than turn it of when the gear started slipping the belt, and after it did that it happenned to both Y and Z, then it turns off the boards. The only way to get the LCD display to go on again is to turn the Z axis manually.

K, switched the motor connector around, and now when I "Autohome" it moves the X axis in the opposite direction , grinds the belt, grinds the Y motor against the belt, moves the bed/Z axis up and it turns off. Same as before.

badmole:
In the "Home" position, should all 3 axis' be against the endstops? I have everything wired as in the manual, but there are several places where it doesn't seem correct. I tried to Autohome again and let it run rather than turn it of when the gear started slipping the belt, and after it did that it happenned to both Y and Z, then it turns off the boards. The only way to get the LCD display to go on again is to turn the Z axis manually.

Yes, the "AutoHome" is the home setting by reading the axis end stops. The "AutoHome" first move the extruder to the end stop of x-axis and y-axis. And then move the z-axis till it hit the end top of the z-axis. Once all the 3 end stop hits the x, y and z coordinate readings should be 110, 140 and 0 (this is our readings not sure if it changes for other cases).

The end stops are trigger by the touch of the extruder head. If the extruder is moving away from the end stops then it should be something wrong with your motors. Check the wire colors. If the motor stops right after moving one step and reboot the machine (which is what happen to ours) then is probably the current flow through the motor. Our case was because of forgot to switch off the transformer of the plug converter.

Ok, I turned around the Y motor connector so it goes to the endstop with autohome, the opposite of the instructions. Now the carriage goes to the endstops, slips the belts, then turns off the board. I have to turn the Z axis motor by hand to make it turn on again, as before. Display still shows 0 for all 3 axiis.

If the machine turns off when hitting an end-stop the end-stop is not connected in teh corect way.

On opto endstop we use 3 pins but on the machanics switches we only use 2 if you by misstakes are using the wrong pins the machine turns off. In this case I think you z endstop is not connected in the correct way.

Correct way:

( s ) -----------
( - ) -----------
(+ )

@kengdahl: The endstops I received have three wires whilst being mechanical... Maybe it uses the third wire (positive) to turn on the red led when needed?

Oh. sorry. You are correct. I forgot about the breakout board. It has a led on board the endstop and hence uses 3 wires and not 2. My bad, I'm to used to building Prusas so I forgot that the machine uses a slightly diffrent configuration than the standard end-stop switch.

Hello @Badmole
Could you send me a picture of your shield? Try and show me all the wires and how they are connected.

Imgur

They look like they are connected to the right pins. Your Z end-stop wire has a different plastic sleeve than my machine. I guess that is an improvement they made with the never machines. But the could still be connected in wrong.

If for example booth the Y and X end-stops reset the machine when you press them. Flip the connectors and try again.

The connectors have been flipped a million times; when I realised the instructions were inaccurate I tried flipping all the connectors. That's how I got the motors to go in the right direction. I'm done, I've contacted sales for a return.

I'm not talking about the connectors going to the motor but the ones going to the endstops.

I hope thing work out for you :slight_smile: