Arduino uno Rev.3 issue to receive ir code!

Hi, from today my arduino don't work anymore . I have always used it for decode ir from remote control, but today I have uploaded the sketch and it don't receive the ir code!! I have tried to re-upload the sketch and at same time the L led and the TX led stay always on, another time all led are off but the TX led don't blink when I push the remote button. What do I need to check? Thanks

why don't you upload another sketch to see if it works !!!

I have tried the blink led sketch and it work..I have also tried with another ir receiver sketch and it don't work!!

You may get more assistance if you provide more information about the problem:

eg
sketch
wiring setup. Do you have anything else connected to the Arduino? IR LED?
IR receiver model & pinout & connections to arduino pins
How do you know your remote control is working? batteries?

The sketch is that taken from ir remote library, Irrecord, the wiring setup is the below: 1st pin is connected to arduino 11 dig out, 2nd is connected to gnd and 3rd is connected to 5v. I have tested the remote with a camera and it work!

A picture is a thousand words :slight_smile:

this is the wiring!

How large is your sketch? Is it possible you exceed the byte max?

sketch
wiring setup. Do you have anything else connected to the Arduino? IR LED?
IR receiver model & pinout & connections to arduino pins
How do you know your remote control is working? batteries?

Nearly there, the pinout & connection for the IR receiver seems standard/OK .

No. I have always use this code and this wiring diagram! I don't know what's is happened.

Maybe the ir receiver is gone?? How can I check it?

See if the voltage changes on the output pin when you keep a button on your remote control pressed.

Normally, it should match Vcc and when a signal is being sent it should go to half of this or less. (using DMM).

you didn't post the model no of the IR reveiver? So how do you know what the correct pinout is?

The model of the ir receiver is VS1838B.

In my experience, too many people have had quality issues with this receiver and similar cheap receivers, which is why I asked you earlier for the receiver model.

Although it is much cheaper to buy online than quality ones from the likes of Vishay (<$0.20 vs $1.50) - it often turns out to be a false economy.

My suggestion is to get something like a TSOP34438 from Vishay.

(See point 3 in the pitfalls linked via my signature)

If you want to continue, at least implement the additional circuitry recommended in the data sheet for this device.

Sorry, I cant be of more help :frowning:

Thanks for the reply. I have notice that with the sketch "IRecord" many times the Rx led blink and the L led stay on.. May be a hardware issue?

May be a hardware issue?

Well just troubleshoot/verify this using several of the Arduino sample sketches.

Another thing to try is to eliminate interference:

turn off any:

• CFL light bulbs
  • halogen
  • Plasma or LED TV
  • Avoid any sunlight

Using IRrecord, tx(not rx) & L leds flash when IR is received.
If they were always on it would point to a faulty IR receiver or interference.

What is the code and how long have you had the board? I also have Arduino Uno Rev 3. I plan on doing some testing.

Solved, the problem was that the ir receiver was broken!

Great, it would be interesting to know for reference how you verified it was broken. (e.g. New IR receiver?)