Alerts when your grocery runs out of stock!

Hey all, I'm very new to Arduino and this forum. Looks very exciting this.
Very quickly can you experienced brains share your thoughts on whether the following is doable with Arduino:

I need to be text/email alerted when I run out of kitchen grocery items, for which I intend to paste some kind of pressure sensors on bottom of containers, so when the container weight goes below a threshold value, the corresponding fallen pressure triggers an alert text or probably logs an email alert and collectively the entire day's / week's alerts are presented all in one place when requested for, by me before I plan to go shopping.

Imagine over a span of 3-4 days; spices, grains, oil and some pastas in the kitchen go low on stock, it all gets registered at one place, and when you want to go shopping, all you do is click - and there you have a shopping list ready.

Any word? I'm willing to explore the possibility of collaborating with / roping in someone who can get this set up for me. Remember, the deal is to keep the sensors (perhaps strain sensors or piezoelectric ones) flat and wide enuf so as to be able to paste them on the container bottoms without creating a bulge.

Thanks,
Prashant from India
Take care.

I need to be text/email alerted when I run out of kitchen grocery items, for which I intend to paste some kind of pressure sensors on bottom of containers, so when the container weight goes below a threshold value, the corresponding fallen pressure triggers an alert text or probably logs an email alert and collectively the entire day's / week's alerts are presented all in one place when requested for, by me before I plan to go shopping.

Reading a pressure sensor requires an analog pin. The Arduino has a limited number of such pins. While there are possibilities to expand the number of analog pins, through multiplexing, I'm not convinced that such an approach is best.

Simply noting that you reduced the amount of inventory, and writing the appropriate item on the shopping list, seems simpler. Sometimes, automation isn't the answer.

Imagine over a span of 3-4 days; spices, grains, oil and some pastas in the kitchen go low on stock, it all gets registered at one place, and when you want to go shopping, all you do is click - and there you have a shopping list ready.

Imagine just looking in the pantry, and seeing the same low-inventory condition.